Carla9xx

Looking for work on a tourist visa?

PaulD
3 hours ago, Carla9xx said:

I got 530 ūüėĀ that's good right?

The path is tough but so is staying in SA so I encourage you to do whatever it takes! My first advice is get the required amount of cash in your account so it can be shown as stable in your bank account.  Or be prepared to prove you have settling funds from other acceptable sources

May just want to check on your score, is that 530 or 430?  530 seems too high. It may be that it is correct but anything above 460 is an amazing score and numbers usually only exceed 500 with a job offer or provincial nomination

What degrees do you have?

Do you have family in canada?

How much skilled work experience do you have?

Are you a french speaker?

Carla9xx

@Lizelle this has been such a big help thank you so much. I really appreciate all the information

Carla9xx

@PaulD I have an honours degree in Management, no family in Canada, 3 years skilled work experience and beginner french(obviously couldn't list that) and I'm 24 which apparently gave me 110 points just for my age.

I do think my biggest obstacle might be the fact that I'm not married meaning we need to go over as individuals and that's $12,475 per person or am I wrong?

Lizelle

:) no worries.  The Canada website has definitely not made it easier to find info.  It can be a convoluted path to find the things you need.

If the two of you had not been living together, then yes, you are going over as individuals and you each need $12,475.

If you had been living together for a year, then you can go over as a couple.

Carla9xx

@Lizelle¬†that helps a lot ūüėĀ I only have one more question,¬†at the end of the year my boyfriend will get his diploma, if we apply now we can't enter the diploma for the WES or how does that work because the studies will be complete before we go over.

I must just say thank you all again so much.

Edited by Carla9xx

PaulD
On 2/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, Carla9xx said:

@Lizelle¬†that helps a lot ūüėĀ I only have one more question,¬†at the end of the year my boyfriend will get his diploma, if we apply now we can't enter the diploma for the WES or how does that work because the studies will be complete before we go over.

With your points and if you can show that the two of you are effectively married (common law) than no need to worry about the diploma.  You will get drawn in express very quickly. Best items to get sorted early:

1)Money in bank

2) WES qualification validation

3) Book english tests

If you have spent any time outside of SA for more than 6 months you also need to get a police clearance from that country.  And remember all docs need to be translated if not in english.

You are young, well educated and you have good work experience.  The whole express system is aimed at getting people like you into Canada.  So use the forum, don't stress too much and get ready for the cold!

How can my common-law partner and I prove we have been together for 12 months?

Items that can be used as proof of a common-law relationship include:

• shared ownership of residential property
  • joint leases or rental agreements
  • bills for shared utility accounts, such as:
    • gas
    • electricity
    • telephone
    • joint utility accounts
  • important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as:
    • driver‚Äôs licenses
    • insurance policies
  • identification documents

You don’t need to include all these items to prove your relationship is real. We may consider other proof as well. Use the document checklist to find out what to submit with your application.

Lizelle
On 08/02/2018 at 10:31 PM, Carla9xx said:

:) No worries.

He can still use the diploma when he gets here.  WES is for immigration purposes, not necessarily work purposes.  I am not sure any employer actually knows what WES means.  

So, you put it on your resume (in words that Canadians will understand), and go from there.

Some professions that you have to license with will insist you get it recognized, or do other tests, or something else to license.  It is something that is really important to check, since it can sometimes be a ridiculously long process.

However, once you have PR you can work in whatever capacity, and whatever industry you want.  There are no limitations placed on what you can do.

• Like 2

Nettie
9 hours ago, Lizelle said:

Some professions that you have to license with will insist you get it recognized, or do other tests, or something else to license.  It is something that is really important to check, since it can sometimes be a ridiculously long process.

Yep, I agree. Commenting on this so that you don't miss it, in the midst of all the excitement. Good luck! :)

• Like 2

Lizelle

I just noticed something on the page that calculates your EE score that you need to look out for.  The first question that asks for experience, talks about Canadian experience (I missed that).  The second question is about your experience in SA (it will obviously make a big difference on your score)

• Like 1

Carla9xx

@PaulD @Lizelle @Nettie I'm very excited to start this journey, I will share every step of the way thanks so much for all the support! 

I'm quickly going to recheck my score, I'm sure I must have done it wrong the first time, 530 is a bit high...

• Like 1

Carla9xx

I entered my experience wrong, thank you for the tip that was my mistake I got 441, is this still ok?

Whats the minimum? what if you don't get accepted first time around?

Sarika

@Carla9xx 441 is still a great score :ilikeit:

If you don't get accepted first time around, there's always next time ;) Stay positive.

• Like 1

Lizelle

441 is still an excellent score.

The last selection was 444.  This page shows you the cut off from last selections: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

It is not guaranteed to get you selected the moment you get into the pool, but you will definitely be selected.

• Like 2

Kanrabat

@Carla9xx, that’s a good score. Also; with Permanent Residency you can change jobs as opposed to some work permits which are linked to specific employers. 

It’s a lot of admin but it is so worth it!

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Carla9xx

Hey all 

After I saw my score was 441 I freaked out a bit and decided to wait till I finish my honours so I can enter that as well, I was also a bit confused on how to enter my experience but now that all that's clarified I researched a bit about qualifications and apparently WES sometimes counts an honours and a degree as 2 qualifications but then I saw elsewhere on the forum that sometimes WES still only recognises your honours and your degree as only 1 qualification, now im worried did I make the wrong choice to wait until I get my honours because my birthday would be in that time decreasing my points? would I be worse off waiting till I complete my honours at the end of the year?

@Kanrabat @Lizelle @Sarika

Luis Dos Santos
1 hour ago, Carla9xx said:

Hey all 

After I saw my score was 441 I freaked out a bit and decided to wait till I finish my honours so I can enter that as well, I was also a bit confused on how to enter my experience but now that all that's clarified I researched a bit about qualifications and apparently WES sometimes counts an honours and a degree as 2 qualifications but then I saw elsewhere on the forum that sometimes WES still only recognises your honours and your degree as only 1 qualification, now im worried did I make the wrong choice to wait until I get my honours because my birthday would be in that time decreasing my points? would I be worse off waiting till I complete my honours at the end of the year?

@Kanrabat @Lizelle @Sarika

Get into the pool ASAP. You can always add a qualification to your profile at a later stage. With a score of 441 you will get an ITA fairly quickly.

• Like 1

Lizelle

I would do WES ASAP and get into the pool ASAP.

Points can drop a bit from time to time.  441 is a good score.  

If, for some reason, you are still in the pool by the time your honours is done, you can add that on.

You don't know what the points and the immigration system will do in the future.  They may change it completely, and then you need to try again, or you don't qualify (or, if you are lucky, now you qualify even more).  Right now you have enough points to get selected fairly quickly

• Like 1

Nelline
7 hours ago, Lizelle said:

I would do WES ASAP and get into the pool ASAP.

Points can drop a bit from time to time.  441 is a good score.  

If, for some reason, you are still in the pool by the time your honours is done, you can add that on.

You don't know what the points and the immigration system will do in the future.  They may change it completely, and then you need to try again, or you don't qualify (or, if you are lucky, now you qualify even more).  Right now you have enough points to get selected fairly quickly

I second this. Get into that pool!