Sign in to follow this  
Liz88

OINP and EE

Liz88

I’ve been playing around with various CRS score counters and would like to know if these tools are a real reflection of the points you may be awarded? I’m asking as my husband is the main applicant and the tools only ever ask for his age and not mine. I’d just like to know - when you do your official application to get into the EE Pool are the questions a lot more in depth and will they then give opportunity for me to put my age etc etc? Is there an opportunity to explain yourself or what your reasons are for coming to Canada or doesn’t that matter? 

Am I also correct in stating that you cannot apply for OINP? They assess everyone in the pool and invite only who they deem fit? But you can apply to other provinces? 

SunshineGirl

Hi @Liz88, you are on fire! :-)

The questions on the CRS score calculators are very much the same as for the EE pool.  No, opportunity to put in much detail regarding the accompanying spouse - apart from some basic factual info (under "Adaptabilty Factors").  For example - Spouse's: IELTS results (or French via the french equivalent of IELTS) , Education Credentials (focus on tertiary), family connections to Canada, NOC code.   No opportunity to motivate for why you would like to live in Canada & what you can offer Canada.  It seems to me that CIC like to focus on the facts. 

Correct, with regards to the OINP - you cannot apply for it, you need to wait for the programme to "notice" your profile in the EE pool.  Factors that will help your profile be noticed by the programme include: CRS point of 400+  & selecting the Ontario Province or All Provinces option in the "where in Canada would you like to settle" section in the EE profile set up.  If you have less than the 400 CRS points, do keep something in mind - last year on an occassion or two, Ontario lowered the 400 or more CRS point requirement (to around 250 or so) in favour of selecting profiles with in-demand NOC codes (in last year's case ICT professions).  This is why, I truely believe in having both partners profiles "fishing lines" in the EE pool. 

With regards to other provinces PNP programmes, suggest that you spend some time researching these.  Some require in-demand occupations (NOCs), others ties to the province by way of relatives, etc.  Each has it's own details.

Lastly, coming back to CRS points for the EE pool - one of the quickest ways to maximize your points score is to ensure that both you & your spouse achieve the maximum number of points for your IELTS tests.  You not only receive points under language & spouse adaptability for this, but it also comes up in another place (can't remember the detail at the mo).  Before you feel the pressure to achieve 100% on your IELTS, have a look at the IELTS score converted into the CLB (Canadian Level Benchmark) ;-).  Lastly, there are also quite a number of free online IELTS mock test papers for practise. 

Hope that this helps!

Liz88
1 hour ago, SunshineGirl said:

Hi @Liz88, you are on fire! :-)

The questions on the CRS score calculators are very much the same as for the EE pool.  No, opportunity to put in much detail regarding the accompanying spouse - apart from some basic factual info (under "Adaptabilty Factors").  For example - Spouse's: IELTS results (or French via the french equivalent of IELTS) , Education Credentials (focus on tertiary), family connections to Canada, NOC code.   No opportunity to motivate for why you would like to live in Canada & what you can offer Canada.  It seems to me that CIC like to focus on the facts. 

Correct, with regards to the OINP - you cannot apply for it, you need to wait for the programme to "notice" your profile in the EE pool.  Factors that will help your profile be noticed by the programme include: CRS point of 400+  & selecting the Ontario Province or All Provinces option in the "where in Canada would you like to settle" section in the EE profile set up.  If you have less than the 400 CRS points, do keep something in mind - last year on an occassion or two, Ontario lowered the 400 or more CRS point requirement (to around 250 or so) in favour of selecting profiles with in-demand NOC codes (in last year's case ICT professions).  This is why, I truely believe in having both partners profiles "fishing lines" in the EE pool. 

With regards to other provinces PNP programmes, suggest that you spend some time researching these.  Some require in-demand occupations (NOCs), others ties to the province by way of relatives, etc.  Each has it's own details.

Lastly, coming back to CRS points for the EE pool - one of the quickest ways to maximize your points score is to ensure that both you & your spouse achieve the maximum number of points for your IELTS tests.  You not only receive points under language & spouse adaptability for this, but it also comes up in another place (can't remember the detail at the mo).  Before you feel the pressure to achieve 100% on your IELTS, have a look at the IELTS score converted into the CLB (Canadian Level Benchmark) ;-).  Lastly, there are also quite a number of free online IELTS mock test papers for practise. 

Hope that this helps!

Thank you! I didn’t realize we would be allowed to have 2 profiles in the EE Pool at the same time? Can I then just submit with myself as the main applicant. Points are under 400 at the moment. Still going ahead though and will go through all of it and enter as soon as I can - I’ve already printed IELTs mockups- hubby doesn’t know it yet but from next week we will be eating, sleeping and breathing Canada in this house (which I need to still sell) 🙈

EE is an option and I’m just doing as much reading as I can to see what other options there are as a back up plan... i obviously want to go to Ontario because it’s the only Part I’ve seen but if living in some town far away in some corner of Canada is the optiOn that gets us out of here then that’s the way it will be. Where do you all live? I’m missing Tims and Costco and Dollarama and even the geese. 

SunshineGirl
On 2018/01/20 at 5:05 PM, Liz88 said:

Where do you all live?

@Liz88, currently in Cape Town - hoping for rain today!

Liz88
1 hour ago, SunshineGirl said:

@Liz88, currently in Cape Town - hoping for rain today!

I’m sure! So sad watching that all unfold. How far along are you in your process? I will hope for you for rain too xx 

SunshineGirl
11 hours ago, Liz88 said:

I’m sure! So sad watching that all unfold. How far along are you in your process? I will hope for you for rain too xx 

@Liz88, sadly no rain where we are today, but we are hopeful for tomorrow.  All our containers are out to harvest rainwater from our roof. 

In terms of this process, I received an EOI from OINP last year end May, submitted my application just hours before the OINP was closed on the 25th of July & still awaiting my nomination.  It's been a long wait, which is pretty difficult.

Liz88
9 hours ago, SunshineGirl said:

@Liz88, sadly no rain where we are today, but we are hopeful for tomorrow.  All our containers are out to harvest rainwater from our roof. 

In terms of this process, I received an EOI from OINP last year end May, submitted my application just hours before the OINP was closed on the 25th of July & still awaiting my nomination.  It's been a long wait, which is pretty difficult.

But I’ve heard that this process can take up to 11 months?! Does that mean you paid the $1500 when you received the nomination? Don’t lose hope. Stay focused and I’m sure it will all work out. Look at it this way, you’re still much further along than many other hopefuls - it will be ok x 

SunshineGirl
23 hours ago, Liz88 said:

! Does that mean you paid the $1500 when you received the nomination?

HI @Liz88.  The OINP fee of $1500 is paid on submission of your application to the programme.  ;-)