MaryJane

Express Entry Draws 2018

MaryJane

Off to a good start?

Apparently lower score than the previous draw but not as low as it was before.

Jan 10 draw - 2,750 invitees with scores of 446 and less.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html

• Like 2

DandilionSA

Hi,

We entered the pool in December 2017 with a score of 433.... I am so nervous! Not even sure we got a chance, but rather have a foot in the pond, right?

hdub07

I entered the pool on Monday and got the ITA yesterday :D:D 

• Like 4

Andrew and Tash

Hi,

I see there was a draw yesterday with minimum points of 446. DandilionSA, we're in the same scenario as you, entered the pool first thing this year with a score of 435. Congrats hdub07, you really didn't have to wait long.

BloodRaven

I recreated my husband's profile yesterday and his CRS score was 403.  Today is his birthday, does the profile automatically update or do I have to withdraw it and recreate it again?

Liz88
9 hours ago, hdub07 said:

I entered the pool on Monday and got the ITA yesterday :D:D 

WHAT! That is amazing! Congrats! What was your CRS score 

hdub07
1 hour ago, Liz88 said:

WHAT! That is amazing! Congrats! What was your CRS score 

It was 454, so I just sneaked in. I've been planning this for about 2.5 years though. 

graciax452
9 hours ago, BloodRaven said:

I recreated my husband's profile yesterday and his CRS score was 403.  Today is his birthday, does the profile automatically update or do I have to withdraw it and recreate it again?

@BloodRaven No recreation needed, it changes automatically.

BloodRaven
On 25/01/2018 at 6:03 PM, graciax452 said:

@BloodRaven No recreation needed, it changes automatically.

@graciax452 Thanks, we got the notification that it had updated to 398 :(

Now we are at the mercy of the PNP's

Sarika

Hi @BloodRaven, would it not help to redo ielts, or do a diploma so that you get points for 2 or more qualifications? I know its long term but its some sort of plan :unsure:

Hang in there :hug:

• Like 1

BloodRaven
On 31/01/2018 at 8:32 AM, Sarika said:

Hi @BloodRaven, would it not help to redo ielts, or do a diploma so that you get points for 2 or more qualifications? I know its long term but its some sort of plan :unsure:

Hang in there :hug:

@Sarika I plan on doing that eventually, but I first want to see if WES will actually assess my NQF 5 Diploma.  I don't want to spend more money on another NQF 5 Diploma & IELTS exams if they are not going to assess it anyways.

We have now started exploring the Australian PR visa which allows us to become New Zealand residents in the long run as well.  It's another viable option to get out this country.

Good luck to you

• Like 1

Piper
8 hours ago, BloodRaven said:

@Sarika I plan on doing that eventually, but I first want to see if WES will actually assess my NQF 5 Diploma.  I don't want to spend more money on another NQF 5 Diploma & IELTS exams if they are not going to assess it anyways.

We have now started exploring the Australian PR visa which allows us to become New Zealand residents in the long run as well.  It's another viable option to get out this country.

Good luck to you

Good luck with everything. Our first choice was New Zealand, but somehow we ended up in Canada. That’s how life goes.

We also had the same negative experience with an immigration agent if I recall correctly from your previous posts.

Just keep going. Something will pop up eventually!

• Like 1

Moni5

Results of the draw yesterday: 

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 442 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Moni5

Results of draw on 21st February 2018:

Minimum CRS of 442 same as previous draw on February 7

3000 people were invited. 

• Like 1

Gerhard SaNamCan

Same as 2 weeks ago

We were really hoping it would drop with at least 3 points, that is all we need 

DandilionSA

@Andrew and Tash I am not sure about everyone else in the 430's range, but i am biting my nails with each draw!!!

• Like 2

LiezelJ
2 hours ago, DandilionSA said:

@Andrew and Tash I am not sure about everyone else in the 430's range, but i am biting my nails with each draw!!!

@DandilionSA I feel you!!! So nerve wrecking! 

Andrew and Tash

@DandilionSA - I know how you feel, it's been really nerve wracking with the points cut offs. Hopefully, the points requirements come down a bit. Also, with my birthday at the end of March there are only two draws till we lose 5 points so it feels even more pressured. We were lucky to receive an NOI from Ontario so we're putting together the paperwork and will hopefully go that route.

YolandaB
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Gerhard SaNamCan said:

Same as 2 weeks ago

We were really hoping it would drop with at least 3 points, that is all we need 

Hi @Gerhard SaNamCan, Im very very sure you'll get selected before March is over... Points will start to drop after February only.  439 is just around the corner !

• Like 1

DandilionSA
5 hours ago, Andrew and Tash said:

with my birthday at the end of March

@Andrew and Tash we are in the same boat... my birthday is also at the end of March! 

meg89

Was there a draw yesterday?

When do you think the next one will be?

My score is 441 so I just missed the last two. The anticipation is too much! :) 

YolandaB

Hi @meg89, there was no draw... so all probability the next draw will be on 14 March.

It seems they sometimes hold back draws to accumulate candidates with "higher score" to make sure they get better candidates .... something tells me they are trying to keep selection above 440 but well see...

I think the next draw will be around 442 again on 14 March but I'm hoping for you they'll draw 441... fingers crossed!

Seems they are approaching the 2 draw per month rather than every 2 weeks (they don't have a yearly target anymore and was replaced wit a 3 year plan) so they can hold back draw here and there but ultimately

they have to catch up somewhere so points will drop for sure...

hdub07

Today's draw had a lowest score of 456 so it's going up 

YolandaB

Sadly it seems that USA, AUS and NZ are closing their doors which causes the masses to turn towards Canada ! Eventually points will drop a little but I'm afraid we wont see the levels we saw in 2017.

Hubby analysis this a lot and he told me last night after this draw that points will NOT drop below 420 in 2018 and is likely to reach a lowest of about 426 or there about...

He said something about the "joining rate" of EE candidates above 430 are now on average 261 per day.... this means if they draw biweekly there could be 3654 joining per bi weekly going forward for 2018. What we don't know if the

REAL impact the other country's have on this as they are closing doors for immigrants. This could also be caused by graduates getting their ECA in place from last years graduations (but we will see if this continues).

Anyway...lets check what happens and maybe we get lucky in the form of larger draws and more draws!