graciax452

Canada Has A Record 361,700 Unfilled Jobs. Here’s Where They Are... HuffPost

graciax452
Piper

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

I’ve seen a few similar articles and this explains why we ended up in Québec without even targeting or having Québec on the radar. I must say we absolutely love our new life here. Snow and all!

• Like 1

Jules

I wonder if there's a high correlation between vacancy rates and pay scale on offer?  Especially if the job doesn't offer enough pay in an expensive region. 

Vacancy rate isn't only caused by labour supply quality. It is also caused when there's little interest in jobs not paying enough. 

poorguy

@graciax452 how is your job hunt going? I am not even getting any rejection letters haha! Oh well I wasnt expecting much in the first case. 

Ideally I also would prefer Vancouver, but everywhere I read it says costs are high and it's not like Toronto costs are low either

graciax452

Hi really well, tons of response from my side, but putting it on hold as I am not ready to move soon. Two wanted me to come, but have another exciting opportunity I am waiting on.

• Like 2

poorguy

well done! im clearly doing something wrong

graciax452

Focus on having the right Resume and Cover letter and tailoring them to each application, network, network, network, start on linked in and apply directly to the companies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

JanSalJanNat

@graciax452 do you maybe have an example of a cover letter for me?  I already have a Canadian CV but I need a cover letter

graciax452

@JanSalJanNat I used this site to get me going. https://resumegenius.com/cover-letter-examples 

The trick is every cover letter is unique, customised to the job you are applying for, go to the company website, figure out what they do, why you want to work for them and what problem of theirs you can solve. Then write your story highlighting what they likely want to hear, it's about putting your personality on paper. Clarify any gaps in your resume and let them know your expected arrival date and that you are available for telephonic/ skype interviews. Use words in the job description/advert and make sure you have 80% plus of what they are asking for. Make sure to address it to someone, even a  wrong someone is better than no name.