MuggleOnline

December 2017 Applications

MuggleOnline

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any other December applicants on this forum? Thought it would be nice to have a thread to share any progress/updates :)

Andrew and Tash

Hi

Yes, we'll be applying end of Dec or early Jan.

We did IELTS ten days ago, should get results on Friday. We also received confirmation from WES that they've received our qualifications.

We're holding thumbs that everything will go well, and that we can go ahead with creating our profile and applying.

MuggleOnline
48 minutes ago, Andrew and Tash said:

Hi

Yes, we'll be applying end of Dec or early Jan.

We did IELTS ten days ago, should get results on Friday. We also received confirmation from WES that they've received our qualifications.

We're holding thumbs that everything will go well, and that we can go ahead with creating our profile and applying.

Good luck for the IELTS results! Holding thumbs that you get results you are hoping for :)

JayG

Hi!

we have completed everything and have submitted our profile so now we wait for a draw ☺️

MuggleOnline

Hi everyone, 

We just got our PPR email last night - 24 days processing in total! I hope that this trend of very fast processing continues in the future :)

• Like 2

JanSalJanNat

@MuggleOnline I hope so too.  We will be submitting this week.  Hope to get it early February. 

• Like 1

MuggleOnline

Hopefully they continue processing at this rate! 

Beatrice

Our work permit application was send on the 4th of Jan.  Hope they process it in under 6 weeks. :)

• Like 1

MuggleOnline

Hopefully they will - our WPs were processed in about 5 (this was in 2016 though!). Good luck!

OJay

Guys does the institution have to send the docs to WES directly or can I collect and send them myself?

Chayne

You can collect and send them as long as they are in a sealed and stamped envelope 

OJay

Thank you;)

ateotia
On 1/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, JanSalJanNat said:

@MuggleOnline I hope so too.  We will be submitting this week.  Hope to get it early February. 

Hi, Even I submitted in Jan, 11th Jan aor to be precise. Do you know where your application is? Mine moved from CIO Central Intake Office Nova scotchia to Local Visa Office in Pretoria on march 8th. What stage are you in now?

JanSalJanNat

Hi.  We got our PPR on 22Feb & just been informed that we can pick up our passports.

A few people I know that submitted in Jan haven't heard anything yet.  I don't really understand why certain cases move faster than others. 

JanSalJanNat

What stream did you apply under? We were Foreign Skilled Worker 

ateotia

Hi Anybody with a local visa office as Pretoria? The application who got a PPR on Feb 22nd, i'm pretty certain it was processed at CPC Ottawa (they are the quickest :) ), could you please confirm? I have a jan 11th AOR and application moved to Pretoria office since March 8th

Layoung1

I All,

My timeline FYI. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband and son via an outland family sponsorship application.

26/10 App confirmed delivered by courier
13/12 email AOR1
14/12 police clearance etc requested and we sent same day
16/12 status changed to in progress
19/12 sponsor approved email
3/1 email to say that app has been sent to pretoria 
9/1 email AOR 2 in Pretoria
21/3 medical request

1/4 medicals done
4/4 medicals passed & status updated accordingly

10/4 I sent an e-mail to clarify confusion on the medical reports about Italian versus SA passport :( Am hoping this doesnt delay.

13/4 I sent an e-mail to request they expedite the application as I have an employment opportunity in Ontario.

18/4 No response or update on the account status report.

Please feel free to share your timeline :)

Thanks.

Lauren

ateotia
On 3/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, JanSalJanNat said:

What stream did you apply under? We were Foreign Skilled Worker 

Hi, did you get your PPR already? My application was submitted close to your timeline, jan 11th. I moved to pretoria VO on 8th march. still no PPR

Jana C

We submitted our PR application on the 7th of December 2017.  AOR  2nd of Feb and was in Pretoria on that same date.  Medicals was done on 9th of March and passed short after.  BUT still no PPR.  We are on PNP stream.

tanchett

Hi all

We submitted on 26 December 2017. Received the 'How to find a job in Canada' update to our account in February 2018.

Spent what felt like years checking our e-mail a million times a day.

Finally received our PPR e-mail this morning :D

Jana C
7 hours ago, tanchett said:

Hi all

We submitted on 26 December 2017. Received the 'How to find a job in Canada' update to our account in February 2018.

Congratulations on your PPR!!

tanchett
11 hours ago, Jana C said:

Congratulations on your PPR!!

Thanks @Jana C!

It's been a long, difficult wait but it was all worth it.

ateotia
20 hours ago, tanchett said:

Hi all

congratulations @tanchett, best of luck for your future plans. Could you please share what your visa office was? was it pretoria or ottawa? which email did you get the ppr email from?

tanchett
1 hour ago, ateotia said:

congratulations @tanchett, best of luck for your future plans. Could you please share what your visa office was? was it pretoria or ottawa? which email did you get the ppr email from?

Thanks @ateotia. Our visa office was Pretoria and we received the mail from PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. We had e-mailed the same address about two months ago to find out whether our file had reached the office at which point they indicated that it was in the queue.

ateotia
1 hour ago, tanchett said:

Thanks @ateotia. Our visa office was Pretoria and we received the mail from PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. We had e-mailed the same address about two months ago to find out whether our file had reached the office at which point they indicated that it was in the queue.

hi @tanchett, thank you for your reply. do you know when your file moved to pretoria or when was the first time you emailed Pretoria to know the file status?