Sign in to follow this  
FaithFUL

Insurance quotes for moving

FaithFUL

Hi everybody

For those that decided to move their furniture across, which sites did you use to get an idea as to what the stuff must be insured for? The moving company gave us some websites but we're going around in circles? An example: looking for a leather lounge suite on the site takes you to clothes?

Piper

This part of our move is a bit blurry in my memory. All I can say is that I remember our insurance being a ridiculously high amount of money for shipping our things over, but we had no other choice! 😵

FaithFUL
On 12/2/2017 at 11:59 PM, Piper said:

This part of our move is a bit blurry in my memory. All I can say is that I remember our insurance being a ridiculously high amount of money for shipping our things over, but we had no other choice! 😵

We've figured out what the company did. They directed us to a site that has ridiculously priced furniture (think CAD120 for a little flimsy side table) which will obviously push the insurance premium up. We ended up "shopping" at Walmart for the kitchen stuff & hubby found some websites that makes solid wood furniture or lounge suites similar to what we've got at the moment. There's always a snake in the grass, but we spotted this one :ph34r: