Ruska Jansen van vuuren

Industrial Electrician

Ruska Jansen van vuuren

Hey there we need some advise please. We wish to immigrate to Canada and my husband's and Industrial Electrician.

Would it be better to appoint an immigration agent like MatrixVisa or do everything ourselves?

If we want to apply for a vacancy in Canada how do we do this - do we state in the cover letter we are currently living in SA or what?

Thank you

Nettie

Hi @Ruska Jansen van vuuren. Welcome to the forums. Most people are unsuccessful in securing employment, without having permission to work in Canada. I'm not knowledgeable about trades, but there are few people on here who would be able to give you direction. 

Here is a link that could help:

http://www.red-seal.ca/trades/.3nd.5str.3.1l_.2l.2ctr.3c-eng.html

Good luck with the journey!

Edited by Nettie

Lizelle

Please don't appoint MatrixVisa.  My brother had nothing but bad experiences with them.

• Like 1

Lizelle

You have to start with how you get licensed to work in Canada as an Industrial Electrician.  Lots of times different provinces have different requirements, so be sure to check.

Edited by Lizelle

LidiaS77

Welcome to the forums @Ruska Jansen van vuuren!

We came to Canada as Permanent Residents via the Express Entry (Federal Skilled Workers) route so I'm not knowledgeable about trades either, but I would suggest reading more about the Express Entry (Federal Skilled Trades) program here.

We did everything ourselves without using an agent and we didn't have any problems. It takes a lot of reading and research to do it yourself, but I would definitely recommend saving the money you would have spent on an agent and e.g. rather using it for setting up your new life in Canada. You can find answers to almost all of your questions on forums such as these, the official CIC website and on other sites by Googling. In general an agent can't improve the chances of your application being successful or being processed faster and you still have to do most of the paperwork e.g. writing the English test yourself. An agent can be useful if you have a case with unusual circumstances, but it might be worth it to try doing it yourself first if you think your case is straightforward (e.g. no criminal record, no serious illnesses etc.).

I hope this helps and good luck!:-)

Edited by LidiaS77
  • Like 2