Sign in to follow this  
MuggleOnline

Just to say Hi!

MuggleOnline

Hi,

Just popping in to introduce myself - Hubby and I are from Cape Town and are  looking to move to Toronto. We made the decision that we wanted to move to Canada right after we got married last year. He is currently working in Montreal on a contract job.

We got out ITA on 5 October and are currently in the process of gathering our documentation to submit our PR application. I have been lurking around here for a while, and thought it was about time that we got involved in the community.

Hoping for a speedy PR application process :)

• Like 3

MaryJane

Welcome to the forums, @MuggleOnline!

All the best with your journey.

Lyle

Welcome @MuggleOnline, please keep us posted with your progress!

LaraDK

Welcome @MuggleOnlineand best of luck! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Nelline

Welcome, welcome! What does hubby think of Montreal so far?

MuggleOnline

He has enjoyed it, it really is a beautiful city but it is very difficult to live there if you don't speak French. 

He took a job there to get some Canadian Experience, which helped massively for our EE points.

• Like 3

Sarika

@MuggleOnline I just came here to say that i LOVE your name ;)

All the best :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Wolverine
On 10/23/2017 at 2:07 AM, Sarika said:

@MuggleOnline I just came here to say that i LOVE your name ;)

All the best :ilikeit:

I just came here to say "you can do it".:cowboy:

• Like 2

Piper

I just came here to say that everyone here is awesome! 👌

• Like 2

MuggleOnline
1 hour ago, Piper said:

I just came here to say that everyone here is awesome! 👌

Wholeheartedly agree with that!

• Like 1

MuggleOnline

@Piper - I see you are in Montreal :) where are you based? My husband is working there on a WP at the moment and I will be joining him in December. It really is a lovely city - not too many Saffas though

GerdaT
1 hour ago, MuggleOnline said:

@Piper - I see you are in Montreal :) where are you based? My husband is working there on a WP at the moment and I will be joining him in December. It really is a lovely city - not too many Saffas though

Hi @MuggleOnline - we are also in Montreal... still trying to find our feet. Currently the French is giving us some headaches. 

• Like 2

Piper

@MuggleOnline, I’m currently living in Laval which is the small island north of Montréal island, but I was poached by a big firm in Montréal central and will be starting there on 20 November. It’s technically two different cities. We are also moving closer as my husband works in Montréal central. We will now work within walking distance from each other which is exciting. There aren’t many Saffas here, but it’s made integrating easier in all honesty. It’s a lekker place to live in.

• Like 2

MuggleOnline

@GerdaT - the French really does throw some curveballs! We are still actually in the process of applying for PR - hubby took up a position there to boost our points for EE. Which worked but created its own headaches in some sense as now we ave to prove are are leaving Quebec as we are applying through the normal stream not the Quebec stream (French is required for that). But it really is a lovely city to live in :)

@Piper Hubby is also living in Montreal central; I will be joining him from SA later in the year. Its a lovely place to live - we both absolutely love it. But we will have to move fairly soon in order to get our PR

@GerdaT, @Piper - I am not too sure if you know but during the holiday season there are fireworks in Old Port every Saturday night, and so many festivals and markets :) It is so festive. And what amazed us was the amount of freebies at all of the festivals 

• Like 3