Sign in to follow this  
novascot

Express Entry Application Rejected!

novascot

Hi everybody, this is my first post but I have been browsing the forum for quite a while now, picking up all the tips as I go along, thank you.

Yesterday, I submitted my EE profile which should have resulted in around 436 points. My wife and I have both done  the IELTS tests and have received our results. I have had my degree (mechanical engineering) certified by WES, and my wife's is in process of being certified. I have more than 5 years work experience as well.

This morning there was a message on my cic account stating that my application does not meet minimum requirements for EE!

Anybody have experience with an issue like this? Can I appeal the rejection?

Regards

FaithFUL

It might be a simple glitch or finger error.

Try create another profile and have a look at these possible errors: 

• Have you entered the correct amount of proof of funds required for your family? 
  • Have you entered the certificate number for the IELTS? Entering only the scores won't do.
  • Have you entered the certificate number for the WES? It won't allow the qualification if that number is not entered.

novascot

Thanks Faithful

I did input all of those details, but I'm questioning the funds amount I inserted.

From the cic website, it says more than $15300 is required for a family of 2 and I input more than double that.

Anyway, I will take your advice and redo it. Can I create another profile in the same account?

FaithFUL
1 hour ago, novascot said:

Anyway, I will take your advice and redo it. Can I create another profile in the same account?

You should be able to.

graciax452

Yes create another application using the same account, you'll just have the rejected one there in list and the new one will show there as well. I had inputed wrong figures first time round, in general you need IELTS, ECA and correct funds.

Nelline

@novascot did you manage to submit your profile successfully?

novascot

Hi, yes, successfully submitted, thanks.

The problem was that i used my current job as primary occupation for the application, but i have been doing it for less than a year.

Simply changed primary occupation to my previous one and it went through.

Also note that when applying again, it asks if you have applied before, so I said yes and input the relevant details. Hopefully this will avoid any possible issues.

Marcola
32 minutes ago, novascot said:

Also note that when applying again, it asks if you have applied before, so I said yes and input the relevant details. Hopefully this will avoid any possible issues.

I think this applies to if you were rejected for PR?

FaithFUL
3 hours ago, novascot said:

I agree with @Marcola.

You haven't sent in your actual PR application, only entered the EE pool from which you are selected from to apply for the PR application. I would've said no. You would only say yes if your PR/ visa application was rejected.

Nelline

I agree with @Marcola and @FaithFUL

It wasn't a PR application that was rejected, as you'd not had an ITA etc. Submitting an EE profile is not applying for PR - this only happens after an ITA is issued