Lyle

PR Application submitted - October 2017

Lyle

Update: Received our PPR in the early hours of the morning.

What a surreal feeling...so much anxiety and pressure and then a sudden release. 

I must be honest, while we are extremely excited, it has now become very real that we are doing this. This is happening! So with mixed feelings we go forward, knowing that it is the best for our future and that of our little girls.

• Like 5

chayne

Congratulations @Lyle! Good luck with all your planning.

B_K

Big congrats @Lyle, best of luck with everything, hopefully I won't be too far behind!! :)

I got a question myself now, I also submitted October but through Ontario PNP stream and through browsing and even mentioned on this thread, the general processing time seems to be around 4-6 months or so. If they have started looking at mine already at this stage, which has only been 5 weeks, is that normal in the 4-6 month processing timeline ? My background check got an update and they have requested an additional document from me, they need my travel history documented in an IMM form, which is weird since it was not specified to do so at the time of application.

So in the 6 month or so expected waiting time for PNP streams, is it normal for them to start asking for documents after 5 weeks or so ? I really hope it's going ahead of schedule!

FaithFUL
4 hours ago, B_K said:

So in the 6 month or so expected waiting time for PNP streams, is it normal for them to start asking for documents after 5 weeks or so ? I really hope it's going ahead of schedule!

The PNP's certainly started moving faster since July, but we can't say for sure what the timeline for Pretoria visa office is as there are no PNP Saffers for June & July on Immitracker. The trend is for medicals to be passed between 4-5 weeks which is super fast for PNP. Request for documents is normally just before medicals are passed. Some June & July PPR's came through in October & November. It really is a guess as to when we will get PPR. Hoping for an early Christmas present ;)

The speed of the local visa offices makes a huge difference. Some offices (Hong Kong for instance) process with the speed of lightning & others can drag the process out for months.

• Like 2

B_K

So my girlfriend got an email from WES on Nov 28 saying that IRCC contacted them about not being able to verify her ECA report, we had selected the wrong package or something. There was no message in our CIC account at this stage, so we just acted on the WES email and what they suggested. So we upgraded her WES profile to ICAP (whatever that means) and then ordered a duplicate report to be sent to the IRCC. According to WES site, that has all happened.

Then last night (Nov 29) we got the update on our CIC account stating that they couldn't verify her ECA and we had 30 days to rectify that except that we had already rectified that before that CIC message came through, so I can only assume the duplicate report hadn't arrived yet and they hadn't been updated that our profile has been sorted out.

So I'm nervous now, is there anyway I can contact the IRCC to confirm whether they can verify her ECA now ? Because there isn't anything that is going to update to tell me they can and as usual with this whole process, I am now nervous again lol!

B_K

Alright, another update.

Our profile got updated that the medicals were passed, which is a good sign at least, updates are always good.

Our background check went from in progress to not applicable and I remember reading somewhere on the forum about the sequence of changes that happen as your application gets reviewed but for the life of me I can't find that. Can anyone enlighten me as to what stage I am at ? I have a vague recollection that after being in not applicable it does go back into 'in progress' at some point, is that correct ?

We also got a message on our account that had an attachment that had some tips etc in it about how to go about looking for work and getting a head start and all that stuff. Does everybody get that message ?

• Like 1

Lyle

Hi @B_K, congrats on the medicals, one step closer.

Could you copy the wording for the Background Check here - exactly as it is? I could perhaps guide you as to where you are. There are a number of steps, going from in progress to not applicable, but the wording varies slightly.

I also received the job letter, I think this is standard on submission.

Good luck!

• Like 1

B_K

Unfortunately I cannot remember what the previous status was. It was something vaguely along the lines of "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message if we need more information from you" .... something along those lines because I did get 2 requests for more information. My girlfriends ECA wasn't accessible to them and I had to submit an official IMM form for my travel history. We sorted both those out and then last night the status updated to " Not applicable" along with the medicals getting passed.

• Like 1

Lyle

Sorry, with you now. Yes it is likely that it still needs to go back to 'In Progress' (IP2) and then possibly 'Not Applicable' (NA2), although it doesn't always go back to NA2.

I'm not really sure on timelines, but it should be quite quick...I guess 2 weeks?

chayne

Here is a summary:

Stages of PR Application

BG:  Not Applicable (NA1)

Medical Passed – MEP

BG:  In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.

BG:  Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.

BG:  In Progress (IP2)

BG:  Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come.

PPR:  Passport Request

CoPR:  Confirmation of Permanent Residence

So the order is as follows:  AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR 

AOR:      This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1:      “Not applicable”.  This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR.  Typically, this will be the status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP:     “You passed the medical exam”.  This will generally happen after approximately 25 – 30 days after your AOR.  For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1:        This will happen 1 or 2 days after your MEP, sometimes on the same day.  BG status message will be “Your application is in progress.  We will send you a message when we start your background check”.  CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage.  Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA.  These things will happen at CIO (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2:      “Not applicable”.  This will signify that IP1 is completed.  Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if you have not checked your account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that you are in NA1 or NA2.  Your file will be transferred to CPC (Case processing centre) where agents will do eligibility assessments.  If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer at which time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2:        BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check.  We will send you a message if we need more information”.  Visa Officer starts reviewing after reviewing all agents’ recommendations.  On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front.  These things will be done at the CPC office.

NA3:      “Not applicable”.  This will signify that IP2 is completed.  This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR:       Passport request.  You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in you CIC account for this.

ADR:      Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage.  An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

• Like 1

B_K

@chayne yea that is what I had seen somewhere else before, thank you so much for that :) . I guess we are at NA2 then.

@Lyle if we get through in the next 2 weeks, the first round in Canada is on me :D