LieweLulu

Hello from Pretoria

LieweLulu

Hi and thank you to all the wonderful people on this forum.  I have been reading the interesting topics and info for a few months now and it's been keeping me up late at night!

We are a family of 5 busy with the Immigration process. We've done WES and IELTS, only waiting for our unabridged Marriage certificate and getting the Proof of Funds ready.  We are hoping to create our Express Entry profile soon.  We are working through an agent that we're happy with although I realized through this forum that we could've done it without an agent, but I must say I do appreciate the extra help and guidance.  

Our CRS score is on 411 which is a bit low and I am getting a bit worried...  My husband might have to re-do his IELTS, he made a few stupid mistakes.  And we're not getting younger so age is starting to count against us, but we're still hopeful that the path we are on will take us to Canada.

Would be nice to know how many 40+'ers there are on this Forum that had a sucessful journey or are still on their way.

And yes we have thought of Australia and New Zealand but our hearts are set on Canada.

Thanks again for everybody's input.

• Like 3

Mervin

Hi

i don’t know about the forum, but there are plenty of guys like you that have moved to Canada... me being one. What kan nd of job are you guys looking for? A job offer is one of the biggest things that help. 

chayne

We are a family of 4. My husband and I are both 40+ and have been extremely fortunate during this process so far.

Our CRS score came in under 400 and we knew there was little hope without either a job offer or provincial nomination. While my husband was applying for jobs like mad and investigating PNPs, Ontario dropped their PNP score below 400 for specific IT NOC codes, one of which was my husbands. We received a NOI (notification of interest) from Ontario and then a nomination. 

The very next day we got our ITA and submitted on 11 Sept. Even though the processing time for PNP is much longer, we are so grateful for this opportunity. Our good fortune has continued and we have already passed medicals and the first eligibility check. Compared to other earlier PNP applicants we are steam rolling ahead. We continue to put out much positive energy into the universe have our fingers crossed for a speedy PPR.

I completely understand when you say your heart is set on Canada. We feel the same way.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

LieweLulu

@Mervin, that's so good to know!  My husband is an Architect and I'm a Photographer & Graphic Designer.  He's applied for jobs but no success as yet - seems as if it's a bit unlikely to get a job offer without PR.

@chayne, that's great, I'm so glad for you guys and it gives me hope!  Does that mean you dont need a Job Offer? I have heard that a Provincial Nomination from Ontario also require a Job Offer?  And how long is the PNP processing time?

chayne
28 minutes ago, LieweLulu said:

@chayne, that's great, I'm so glad for you guys and it gives me hope!  Does that mean you dont need a Job Offer? I have heard that a Provincial Nomination from Ontario also require a Job Offer?  And how long is the PNP processing time?

No job offer needed for Ontario, but they do have to select you from the EE pool. We submitted our application on the 9th of July and received the nomination on the 8th of August, so we were fortunate that it only took a month. We recently met someone who has been waiting much longer - must be 13+ weeks by now and still hasn't heard anything yet, so no standard time.