Sign in to follow this  
Loren

Study Permit Declined

Loren

Hi guys....

So depressed today as my study permit was declined due to:

* I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I stipulated that we have a successful business & we own a home as well as the fact that we are keeping all our vehicles.  What else can I tell them?

What does the first one actually mean? "based on the purpose of your visit?"

I guess I can go look for employment options for starting in 2019 - makes sense.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

FaithFUL

So sorry to hear that your application was declined!

My gut feeling is that you snookered yourself by mentioning the limited employment prospects in SA. Take this with a pinch of salt, but from my point of view the officer probably didn't see your employment prospects increasing after completing your studies in Canada.

With regards to the purpose of your visit - did you prove to them that you have visited different colleges in Canada or was is actually just a visit? Do you have family in Canada that could make them doubt that you'll be coming back to SA?

And then the business etc in South Africa. I think this all depends on how you worded your application in this regard. With that said - go look at your wording used through out the application. If you painted SA as a 'not-such-a-nice-place' then the officer looking at your file would get the impression that you don't really want to be here & coming back to SA would be slim.

You can correct the above issues mentioned and try again. I assume that you had a look at the Express Entry route or provisional nomination programs? Finding a job from SA is rather tricky if you don't have a highly specialized skill.

Wishing you luck on your decision.

Lizelle

I would also consider going the study route in Germany (Norway also does this, but living expenses in Norway is pretty high, I believe Slovenia, maybe it is Slovakia, also offers free tuition).  If you are applying for a study visa, I am going to assume that you have looked at the price that international students pay in Canada.

In Germany you study at university (am going to assume the permit was for university, I don't know about other place) for FREE.  You have to pay your own accommodation and such, and I believe there is something like a 100 Euro admin fee per year.  You are allowed to work for 20 hours a week, 40 I think during holidays.  

If you are struggling to get an "in" into Canada, that may be the way to go, either as a long term path to Canada, or a shorter term path to Germany and the EU.  I listened to an interview with, I am going to assume, the Minister of Education at that time, who said that the purpose of allowing international students to study free is to a) get more people to know Germany.  Those students go home and tell people how nice Germany is, and B) to be sure that the students that stay is trained in the German way.  

Edited by Lizelle