Sign in to follow this  
Chayne

Waldorf schooling

Chayne

Has anyone on the forum had kids who go to a Waldorf school or who used to go to one in SA?

My kids are currently at a Waldorf school and we are so torn as to whether they will cope with Canadian public school.

The problem is that Canadian Waldorf school fees are super expensive and we're just not sure we could afford to send them even if we wanted to. With public school being free and from what I've heard good quality, it seems like such a waste of money to go the private school route.

However we really love the Waldorf school philosophy.

Lizelle

Not sure about other provinces, but in Alberta you also have Charter Schools.  So, they are sort of public schools, but they do things a little different. 

We attended a charter school where the schooling was project based when my daughter was in Kindergarten.  We did not pay any extra fees for that.

So, you can still get a little bit of choice in terms of the sorts of school that they attend.  Although, with the Charter Schools there are no boundaries (with the public schools, if you live within their boundaries, they have to take you).  So, if they are full, you may not get in right away.  Bussing is also more expensive, I think - I never used bussing, but I want to remember somewhere in the recesses of my mind that I read about that.

• Like 1