Sign in to follow this  
LiezelJ

Namibia-Canada

LiezelJ

Are there any Namibians on this group? Currently in Namibia or in Canada? Would like to share stories and possibly get some advise.

MaritzaS

Hi Liezel. I am based in Walvis Bay, Namibia

Edited by MaritzaS
Wrong name

LiezelJ

Hi Maritza, how far along in the process are you?

MaritzaS

Hi Liezel. We have spoken to about 3 agents/agencies. We have not signed up with any of them. We have done IELTS. I am stuggling to get my WES accreditation as UNISA is not very helpful with my academic transcript. I have done our EE, but my profile will not be accepted without my WES accreditation.

MaritzaS

PS: I sent you a private message.

LiezelJ

Hi,

a couple of questions:

What is your points?

How big is your family going over?

Where in Canada do you want to go and why?

What are your occupations?

When did you do IELTS?

What is your scores?

Are you planning on taking your belongings with or sell everything?

I would appreciate your comments :D

MaritzaS

Our points are not tthe highest - I think 425 (can't remember exactly)

We are a family of 5

We had Alberta in mind (we have family there), though we would be open to settle in one of the other provinces. It seems that immigration to Alberta is quite tough at present.

I am an accountant (registered NIPA in Namibia). My qualification is not accepted in Canada, and I will need to do a course. My husband has his own welding and fabrication business. He will also need to do a course to get a Canadian accredited certificate.

We did IELTS in June 2017.

Scores are 8.0 (overall band).

I was thinking of taking a few belongings with. I can tell you though that it is quite expensive. Have friends that immigrated to England in August. They took one container of belongings with them. Cost them +- N$ 35 000. Also, before taking your belongings along, you need to consider whether stuff like electronics will be able to work on their power system (which I believe is 110 and not 240 like here). From what I have seen, even the linen sizes (eg queen, king, single), differs to ours. So, quite a few things to investigate before forking out all the money on getting your stuff there.

Edited by MaritzaS
spelling

Yogeenee

Hi MaritzaS,

Have you managed to have UNISA send your transcript to WES? I am asking because I am not in SA either and cannot go to any UNISA campus to accelerate the process.

Hope it worked out for you in the end!