Sign in to follow this  
MargueriteE

Using retirement annuity as pof

MargueriteE

Hi all.

We are newbies, only added to the Express entry pool earlier this week.

A while ago I saw a few posts on using retirement annuity as proof of funds. Was anyone successful in this process. I don't want to apply and get rejected by having incorrect  or insufficient documents. 

broken1

I used this method and had no issues. As directed in the Proof of Funds Mega-Thread, attach an official statement as well as a tax calculation. I also attached all my bank statements as well. 

We got our PPR letter last week, passports going in next week. 

• Like 4

JumpingShip
3 hours ago, MargueriteE said:

Hi all.

We are newbies, only added to the Express entry pool earlier this week.

A while ago I saw a few posts on using retirement annuity as proof of funds. Was anyone successful in this process. I don't want to apply and get rejected by having incorrect  or insufficient documents. 

Hi @MargueriteE, welcome and good luck with your journey!

We used our pension funds and retirement annuity as proof of funds and received our PPR email on the 14th of August 2017. Find attached template that I used (I deleted our info and made it into a template) - hope this helps!

Proof of funds letter example.docx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

graciax452

Also used RA and investments, got all statements stamped by my FA and a letter stating the account was mine and submitted those. @JumpingShip that is one epic template! It is so comprehensive and easy to add or remove from as needed, so storing it even though I dont need it anymore LOL

Edited by graciax452
sp
  • Like 3

JumpingShip

Lol, thanks @graciax452 - didn't want anything to stand in the way of us getting PR ;)

• Like 1

MargueriteE

Thanx guys. It helps to get some insight. :) I'm sure all of us feels that we don't want to mess up this chance. Best of luck to everyone applying.