Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative (MCDII)

MaryJane

So...whilst reading through the WWW, I've stumbled across another way to get into Canada (perhaps). This is nothing new. It's been around awhile actually. But have any of you guys heard of Morden?

Host, Ingrid, actually posted about it a while back in 2014 (http://www.sacanada.org/topic/18677-immigration-initiative-from-morden-manitoba/?tab=comments#comment-137093)

Morden is a city in the south of Manitoba. They continue to accept immigration applications and are targeting applicants outside of Canada. The requirements for the application are (somewhat) similar to EE. They only have a small number of applications that they can take so they focus more on applications that fall under one of these professions: 

Due to high numbers of applicants, preference for selection will be given to applicants who have experience in:

• Entry level manufacturing (assembly, simple machine operation), 
  • Painting (machine spray of furniture or vehicles), 
  • Restaurant service (especially fast food)
  • Welding

If you are in one of these occupations, then this might be your chance. Application to Morden seems to be paper-based. You apply and get invited for an exploratory visit (mandatory and at your cost). You visit and pass an MPNP interview. If you pass the interview, you can apply via Manitoba PNP (MPNP) with Morden support.

For more info - https://www.mordenimmigration.com/skilled-worker-faq

• Like 2

Jules

I watched the promo video on the website. Looks like a decent town. Only criticism I have is that they downplay the climate. Almost all the video is filmed in the summer and they refer to winter as the "colder months." Anyone who knows anything about Manitoba knows winter is brutal there - I just think an immigrant needs to fully understand that. But of course climate isn't everything and it looks like the town has a lot to offer. 

Definitely a solid route for some especially considering they aren't looking for high flying professionals. 

• Like 1

MaritzaS

We have just submitted our application via this program. Patiently awaiting the outcome.

• Like 1

OutOfSa

And then there are those idiots that think they like winter !  They say the novelty wears off - probably does - but so far I'm excited.

There is little (in my mind) to beat fresh snow, hot chocolate and rosy cheeks.

I have found there are many ways to keep warm - I have an electric jacket :D, a BEEG battery pack - many hand warmers on hand.  Other Great jackets and good snow boots.

I'm always sad after they salt the roads - the slush is not nearly as fun and you can almost hear it chewing away at your car's metal !

I still sit like a goofy kid at the window watching the falling snow...

We moved to the GTA (work), I always wanted to live in a prairie town - and I often wish we had.  The GTA is competitive, rushed and harsh - but it had more opportunity.  

Our plan is to one day move to a quieter place - the hustle and bustle of the big city is insane, I don't think you'll find many of the stereotypical Canadians  (friendly) in the GTA .

Canadians here are very busy texting on the 401, getting angry at other drivers and generally racing around trying to overtake every other car on the road !  I kid you not.  

But, Canada is awesome - big cities are fast and furious - just outside of that is the quieter more simple life - you can choose where you want to be without worry of attacks.

What I think I'm trying to say is that it may not be such a bad thing getting into Canada through a route such as this,  I don't know for sure as I did not do it.  I do get the feeling that these small towns support their people.  I watch "still standing" - it's a show about all these little towns and how they are pulling together against all the odds to make a success of life.  It only takes a few entrepreneurial people to realise a vision.

Perhaps YOU can be Morden's next movers and shakers !  :ilikeit:

• Like 6

MaritzaS

What an uplifting post @OutOfSa! We are small town people. Always have been.

My husband operates his own welding and fabrication business (since 2005), but has no formal qualification and this has proven to be an uphill battle on our EE. I have a bachelor's degree, so we do qualify for EE but our points have never been near the points drawn.

Hopefully this is one way for us of getting into Canada (and ultimately the much desired small town living).

• Like 1

FaithFUL
25 minutes ago, MaritzaS said:

Hopefully this is one way for us of getting into Canada (and ultimately the much desired small town living).

Well, I hope that this is your ticket to Canada. NEVER EVER give up hope. I'll keep an eye on your posts. Holding thumbs & toes for you!!

• Like 2

MaritzaS
57 minutes ago, FaithFUL said:

Well, I hope that this is your ticket to Canada. NEVER EVER give up hope. I'll keep an eye on your posts. Holding thumbs & toes for you!!

Thanks so much @FaithFUL!

Nelline
14 hours ago, MaritzaS said:

We have just submitted our application via this program. Patiently awaiting the outcome.

Holding thumbs for you!!