Shado

Nando's Chicken in Halifax

Shado
2 minutes ago, Sarika said:

@Shado can it really be that bad to get HOLY chicken :lol:

OK just ignore me

Who knows... but let me know if you find one :lol:

Jules

SA does have better quality meat overall. It's all based on what they eat and how much "free range" sun and fresh air they get. The meat industry in Canada is far more mechanized than SA so many animals here spend their lives indoors in a factory environment being force fed with bad feed and growth hormones. It's shows up in the quality of the meat and you can taste the difference. 

• Sad 1

Shado
1 hour ago, Jules said:

SA does have better quality meat overall. It's all based on what they eat and how much "free range" sun and fresh air they get. The meat industry in Canada is far more mechanized than SA so many animals here spend their lives indoors in a factory environment being force fed with bad feed and growth hormones. It's shows up in the quality of the meat and you can taste the difference. 

I noticed something with a label "organic" is 2 to 3 times more expensive than regular. I wonder if these farms are really organic. I heard from my friend who helps in a farm said, they could certify it's organic if we let the chickens get sunshine for an hour or 2 per day. So they open the roof for some sunlight. But same enclosed area. After hearing all, it's better to be a vegetarian. But then I heard from the same person that veg are not safe too, as they spray chemicals so harmful for the body. For example, the potatoes that they grow, they don't want potatoes to be rejected just because it has some insect hole. So they ensure smooth skin cultivation, which can only be done by applying strong chemicals. Strange!

Shado

It’s been a while I wrote something. But I found something similar to Nandos in Halifax

Its called “Chicken Chop” in North Street, Halifax. They provide sauce and chilli oil to make it spicy. And awesome side dishes too like Brussel sprouts, salad, beans etc.

GrantM

We have Barcelos and Nandos in Calgary 😋

I was actually shocked to see Barcelos...

By the way, you can get Nandos sauce from Costco and it's pretty cheap. I have also seen it at SuperStore.

Jules
On 8/17/2017 at 10:11 AM, Shado said:

Oh thanks for the name. I could find the nearest in ON. Ontario has all goodies. I even went to Nando's in Toronto last year when I visited that place. Same taste.......

It’s why Toronto is called the center of the universe 😉

MaryJane

I am lucky that Nando's surround me 😎 I go East, I go West...they're all over the place 😄