Sign in to follow this  
Petronel

How to get a PNP

Petronel

I suppose this has been asked many times but I can't find what I'm looking for with the search function.

I know that the Nova Scotia PNP is currently closed. I also know that when it does open it only remains so for a view hours before their capacity is full. My occupation is on their shortage list so I think I have a good chance of getting a nomination.

My question is: How will I know when they re-open? Do they tell you in advance on the website?

A second question: How do I fill in my EE profile so Ontario will notice me or select me for a nomination? Is there anything I can do to enhance my chances?

We are still waiting for WES and are only writing the IELTS next month so not in the EE pool yet

Marcola

Hi Petronel

Regarding the provinces where you can submit an application without a job offer (Nova Scotia and SINP), you will have to monitor their Provincial Nomination Programme pages on a daily basis to see when they are open. There is really a short window of time in which each opens and closes. Having said that, I have seen so many people on here succeed in submitting an application. @MaryJane also posts on here when a provinces stream is open.

Regarding Ontario, you can select the option "All provinces and territories" in your EE profile. OINP can then identify your profile. They usually look for any score above 400 but have recently reduced this for IT related experience. 

These should open throughout the year... 

There is also PEI where you can send in an Expression of Interest any time of the year, but i have only seen one case where the person was select.

Good luck with your IELTS and the rest of the process:)

Edited by Marcola

Nelline

PEI's PNP also doesn't require a job offer and I know of a few people who have recently been nominated.

• Like 1

Petronel

Thank you. Will stalk the websites once my EE profile is up and running

FaithFUL
52 minutes ago, Petronel said:

Thank you. Will stalk the websites once my EE profile is up and running

I have set the Nova Scotia web page as my home page when I heard that they might open up. This way I could check up every time I go onto the internet, which is several times a day. I struck a luck and managed to get my application in!! I know they are busy verifying my references so I'm hoping to have some good news soon.

Also, there is an app called Web Alert. You can download it & select the PNP page that you're keeping an eye on. It should let you know if there any changes to that page. I have not tried it, only heard about it recently. I believe it is battery hungry & you obviously need to be connected to Wi-Fi for it to work.

• Like 1

Shado

If you are active on Whatsapp, there are several Whatsapp groups for Canada. They usually notify immediately when any PNP open up.

Nelline
7 hours ago, Nelline said:

PEI's PNP also doesn't require a job offer and I know of a few people who have recently been nominated.

Also, this stream is currently open.

• Like 1

MaryJane
13 hours ago, Petronel said:

My question is: How will I know when they re-open? Do they tell you in advance on the website?

Unfortunately, no. They do not tell you beforehand. Sometimes there are clues like the one for Ontario was hinted at prior to them actually sending out notifications of interest. But in general, it is being diligently patient as you check each website every day.

13 hours ago, Petronel said:

A second question: How do I fill in my EE profile so Ontario will notice me or select me for a nomination? Is there anything I can do to enhance my chances?

@Marcola is correct with regards the Ontario selection.

You will definitely need to get your EE profile set up as soon as possible. Some routes do require the EE eligibility so it's always a good thing to have it just in case. You'll also want to get your documents together, as close to complete as possible. You know that some of the PNP routes open and close almost immediately. Being ready is the key.

@Nelline suggests PEI PNP and I believe one eligibility requirement is the EE profile. https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/office-immigration/pei-express-entry

Good luck!

• Like 1

Petronel

Thanks guys. Will work on getting all my work references and other documents while we wait for WES and the IELTS. I'm only writing my IELTS on 30 September so all I can do is sit and wait. I'm actually hoping that the NS PNP doesn't open until then so I can get my EE profile set up

Stefan Muller

@Petronel I know you can either contact the NS pnp immigration programme directly, or via your EE profile, select NS as your province of interest and thereby also get exposure to their nomination. I read about this today and thought that I am going to select NS as my province of interest because Accounting/audit is on their list of occupations as well as Human Resources which is my wife's occupation. So this way if we are struggling to get in the draw, we have a chance of PNP and that extra 600 points. I did not realise their are window periods  that the pnps are open.

I also checked the draw history for the year so far today, and the bit of good news is that, depending on the result of our language test, our expected low score would have been selected 5 out of 16 draws, and our top score 8 out of 16 which translates to about a 2 to 4 month max. Then again, the 2016 draws were quite a bit higher.

• Like 1

Petronel

Thanks @Stefan Muller! We still need to write our IELTS and I anticipate that our low score would be somewhere in the 420's. If the drae scores dip as low as it has this year that should get us in. I'm just keeping the back door open with a PNP!