Sign in to follow this  
Morian

Should I start now with a lower score, or wait until I have a good score in 18 months?

Morian

Hi everyone.

Like I said in my introduction thread, I am looking to emigrate to Canada through EE FSW. I don't have a job offer or a PNP, but if I do the CRS points calculator from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp with all of my info as it is today, I get a score of 403. If I do it as it should be in 18 months time, when I have finished my post graduate diploma and refreshed my French sufficiently, I can get to 440, 460. So the question is, should I create an EE profile now with that score, and hope for/apply for PNP so long, or should I do the decorous thing and wait the 18 months I need to to get the higher CRS score and the greater chance for an ITA? Keeping in mind that the IELTS is vrek expensive, to have to repeat in 2 years' time. I am really interested in your opinions and thoughts on this matter.

The other question I have is: if you get an ITA, and all of the information you gave on your EE profile is 100% true and you have the documentary proof of all of it, is it very likely that your PR would be declined? If so, on what grounds, do you think? I'm really, really scared of this happening, although I can think of no reason it should.

Nelline

Jump in and swim! :P With 403 you'll likely be picked by Ontario for PNP anyway, if you want to spend the $1500. Just ensure you choose either "Ontario" or "All Provinces" on your EE profile.

• Like 1

MaryJane

Hi @Morian, me again. So I gave my 2 cents worth in the other thread. But my suggestion is almost mostly to create an EE profile as soon as a person becomes eligible.

If everything is above board with your application, one thing that I can think of that may get you a decline on PR application is:

1.) if you have a serious condition you didn't know about (and it came up on the medicals).

There may be more but I can't think of them right now.

• Like 2

Lizelle

I completely agree with the above.  Create an EE profile asap and get started.  

Canada is notoriously fickle with their immigration systems, so you never know how/when it will change.  

Unfortunately immigration in general is vrek expensive.  Two years from now the Rand may have fallen so much that immigration becomes that much harder. 

Edited by Lizelle
  • Like 1

Morian

If I am likely to be selected by Ontario's PNP, I would definitely like to go that route. @Lizelle, your point is extremely valid and one that hadn't even occurred to me. Thanks @MaryJane and @Nelline, too, for your feedback! I'll most certainly get going on getting the funds to get going :P

• Like 3