Sign in to follow this  
Meyer88

Passport valid for 2 years prior to application.

Meyer88

Good day members.

I would just like to hear comments from any individuals that are willing to share info, experience or just to add their 2cents.

After having a look at the OINP document requirements I have observed the following:

Your passport must have been valid for at least two years prior to your application. If your passport has not been valid for at least two years, include copies of all of the pages of your previous passport.

Now for majority of people I guess this will not be a problem. But in saying that not all of us has had the need for a passport and have had the opportunity to travel across borders. So to put it rather bluntly, am I screwed?

My passport is new I guess 6 months old. I had a passport that expired somewhere in 2011 and honestly without needing to elaborate on it, there simply was just no need to renew it back then.

So by having a valid passport that is not older than 2 years will this seriously prevent me from obtaining a PR?

AND

Did you really submit all previous works payslips, IRP5's etc? I only have work experience reference letters from those employers? I really will struggle to find payslips and employment contracts.

Any experiences or inputs that you would like to share? Are all the PNP requesting this? Any way around this?

Thanks

Edited by Meyer88
Update

Reibtseb

Hi @Meyer88

The new passport won't prevent you from getting PR, all you need to do is explain your situation well in the explanation letter. Hopefully you still have your previous passport (as they want to see all the pages), so generally if you explain it well, you should be fine. They want proof of travels for the last 10 years or from age 18, iirc.

Also, yes they want proof of compensation for all periods of employment that you are claiming experience for. This does not need to be your IRP5; I submitted payslips, contract, and letter of reference.

The payslips wasn't hard to get, provided your company uses decent accounting software. I asked the financial manager for my payslips and got them a week later, and I got the reference letter and contract from HR. They should have copies in their archive.

MaryJane
20 hours ago, Meyer88 said:

Did you really submit all previous works payslips, IRP5's etc? I only have work experience reference letters from those employers? I really will struggle to find payslips and employment contracts.

How about asking for a certificate of service from previous employers? That should also help, I think.