Sign in to follow this  
Jason & Marianne

Anyone ever moved from Toronto to Vancouver?

Jason & Marianne

Hey all

Was wondering whether there is anyone here that have made a move from Toronto to Vancouver, and whether you would like to share your experience in relation to the move, and comparing TO and Van? There is always a continuous search for quality of likfe, quality of family life, etc, and in a recent study published by Mercer, Vancouver was named as number 5 City in the world in relation to Quality of Life.

Thanks!

Nettie

The only "negative" thing I've heard about Vancouver is "it's expensive." Quality of life is really relative. It depends what is important to you and your family. I haven't done it, but I would say, if you're young and healthy and have the opportunity, why not give it a go? The first big move is always the hardest. After that, it's plain sailing. I think I would like green more than white in the winter, but that's just me. :blink:

Edited by Nettie

Jules

I think most Canadians would like to live in or around Vancouver. It's a beautiful city with a lot to offer, so not surprising that it scores high in terms of livability. 

The big negative is the cost of living - especially relative to the job market. But if one has the cash to set yourself up or you can land a good job, then it's a softer landing. I could never criticise anyone trading TO for Vancouver. 

Nelline
27 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think most Canadians would like to live in or around Vancouver. It's a beautiful city with a lot to offer, so not surprising that it scores high in terms of livability. 

The big negative is the cost of living - especially relative to the job market. But if one has the cash to set yourself up or you can land a good job, then it's a softer landing. I could never criticise anyone trading TO for Vancouver. 

What Jules said. Also, I have heard that "BC" stands for "Bring Cash!" :D

• Like 2

Cathy K

Does it have to be Vancouver?There is always Chilliwack, Langley, Abbotsford, Pemberton.....

The quality of life is even better on Vancouver Island. Check out Ladysmith and Sidney. Also Nanoose Bay, Lantzville and Courtney-Comox.

We live in Nanaimo, with the same kind of ambiance.

• Like 2

Jason & Marianne
7 hours ago, Cathy K said:

Does it have to be Vancouver?There is always Chilliwack, Langley, Abbotsford, Pemberton.....

The quality of life is even better on Vancouver Island. Check out Ladysmith and Sidney. Also Nanoose Bay, Lantzville and Courtney-Comox.

Thank you Cathy! That is true! I sometimes forget about the island and all that it has to offer!

Reibtseb
8 hours ago, Cathy K said:

I would be happy to go to any of those. Hope I'll find work in the Vancouver area once I get PR. :)

• Like 1