Arries

Outdoor work?

K&U

Thanks @Nelline. I think at this stage we rather not take the chance. He is a staffie cross Labby, so not too hectic on the looks for Staffie or Pitbull, but rather safe than sorry. Also, we have friends in New Brunswick and like the affordable housing cost there. So will probably give it a bash there first. The job will have to follow... unless we find a job elsewhere first.

IreneBez
2 hours ago, K&U said:

I have only found the PAIE for/in Ontario. Any ideas if any other provinces also offer this? Maritimes? Read up on PAIE a while back and do not recall all the details anymore. Please can you send me some info/give me a summary of this?

@IreneBez - did not see the FB post - but also, because no one here yet knows we are moving, I am not yet posting on the FB page....have to remain undercover for a few more weeks!

Have you found any courses yet? I have not had much time at looking for courses.

My experience lies in hands on conservation, invasive species management, env management plans, etc and lately I play more of a project management, advisory role, giving input into policy, planning, etc. But want to get back to getting my hands dirty.....less stress :P

@K&U, I haven't spent too much time researching online courses but have come across the following: http://www.eco.ca/training/online-training/

In terms of the PAIE, this might help you navigate to some bridging program websites: https://paietraining.ca/ or https://www.scribd.com/document/244757983/PAIE-Resource-Guides

Nelline
5 hours ago, K&U said:

Thanks @Nelline. I think at this stage we rather not take the chance. He is a staffie cross Labby, so not too hectic on the looks for Staffie or Pitbull, but rather safe than sorry. Also, we have friends in New Brunswick and like the affordable housing cost there. So will probably give it a bash there first. The job will have to follow... unless we find a job elsewhere first.

If I had to choose between ON and NB, it would be NB all the way, to be honest! I love the Maritimes

• Like 1

SunshineGirl
On 2017/10/05 at 9:21 AM, K&U said:

I have found that, in general in the conservation sector here, people are looking at your experience and skills first, and academic qualifications second. So although whatever educational background you have is important, successful applicants tend to have "sold" the skills they acquired in close relation to the job description.

@K&U, thank s for this!  Have a hunch that this may apply to other industries too & this is potentially very, very useful info for job hunting as a whole.

• Like 1

K&U
On 10/6/2017 at 10:10 PM, Nelline said:

If I had to choose between ON and NB, it would be NB all the way, to be honest! I love the Maritimes

Thanks for this @Nelline - this helps a lot! Makes us feel like we are making the right choice  :)