Sign in to follow this  
Kim Lester

Job change

Kim Lester

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask some advice. If I have a new job opportunity (in a different field than what I am currently in and different from my education), will this affect my application? Will I have to change my NOC code according to the new job? Also, will they count my experience in that field as priority or will they take into consideration my other experience as well? I am worried that if I do a career change now, it will adversely affect our chances of getting into Canada. We are in the beginning stages - getting documents together for EE profile. Any advice would really help a lot!!! 

Thanks in advance! 

ReneLestan

I don't think it will affect your application as they look at the number of years of experience over the past ten years.  You would then just need to supply number of years of experience under both NOC codes it might even up your score a bit depending on the field.  You'll also require letters for each job that you list under your application.  Once you are in the actual application phase you can add a letter explaining the career change.

Best of luck!

Kim Lester

Thank you so much for your input! This eases my mind a little! When I state my NOC, should I then state the new NOC code (according to the job that I am working in at that point in time)?