Sign in to follow this  
Hopefully yours

PR Application Submitted - June 2017

IreneBez

@Andrea Human, how wonderful! Congratulations! You are probably still over the moon!

JanR

Hi all, 

I dropped my passports off yesterday at VFS but I have a feeling my photo won't be suitable and I'll have to re-do it.   I gave them the 5cm x 7cm photos because that's what everyone on the forums has said they're taking, but the request letter asked for smaller ones.   I also think mine might be from too close up.   

If you've received yours back, what size photos did you send in?

Thanks.

CandD

@JanR the 5 cm by 7 cm is the size they want.  We also got the PPR letter asking for smaller photos, but at VFS they assured us that bigger photos were needed and we had them taken then and there.  We got our passports and COPRs back on Monday, no problems.

• Like 1

Ybaba

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I submitted my application on June 20 got AOR same day.  Medical passed JULY 17th and Na2 AUGUST 8TH.  I called Cic to know my status I was told no additional documents required and it has been transferred to Pretoria office on the 25th of August. My question is this

How long does it take Pretoria office to issue PR after it has been moved to the office? Thank you

Painter lady

@Ybaba, it could be any day now. In fact, I would be surprised if you don't  hear anything in the next week.

Andrea Human

@Linda G our application was submitted on 5July. We got our golden e-mail on 20 September.  89 days.

Andrea Human

@IreneBez  yes...over the moon but also shell shocked to be honest.  Reality is sinking in and its a bit of an emotional rollercoaster at the moment. Flying out on 15 Jan if all goes well....doggies on 16th.

• Like 1

Nelline
9 hours ago, Andrea Human said:

@IreneBez  yes...over the moon but also shell shocked to be honest.  Reality is sinking in and its a bit of an emotional rollercoaster at the moment. Flying out on 15 Jan if all goes well....doggies on 16th.

Andrea, will you have pet friendly accommodation in place?

Andrea Human

@Linda G our application was submitted on 5July. We got our golden e-mail on 20 September.  89 days.

• Like 1

Andrea Human

@Nelline  we are very privileged to have been invited by a Canadian friend ( dogs and all) to stay at her house at first

• Like 2

Nelline
3 hours ago, Andrea Human said:

@Nelline  we are very privileged to have been invited by a Canadian friend ( dogs and all) to stay at her house at first

That is such a big help!

Linda G

Thanks @Andrea Human

My AOR is 27June and have been stuck at NA2 since 20July - wish i knew why the delay?

Reibtseb

Sooo...

After submitting on 11 June, and getting IP1 on 11 July or so (too lazy to check the exact dates now...), I have received my PPR email. It came through at 03:10 this morning (26 September). I have been waiting for IP2 to begin, and have started thinking something was wrong with my application haha. So yea, logged in this morning and I see IP2 status. Guess it happened over the long weekend when I didn't check every day. :ph34r:

Anyhow. Will be taking my passport to the processing centre in Pretoria this week. Hopefully they still take the photos there. :)

Edited by Reibtseb
  • Like 4

Hopefully yours

Don't worry @Linda G, you will get your PPR soon, I'm sure...I'm still holding thumbs for you :hug:

• Like 1

Hopefully yours

Congrats @Reibtseb! Very happy for you:D

• Like 1

Marcola

Congrats @Reibtseb!!

Linda G

Thats fantastic @Reibtseb - congrats!!

It raises my spirits to see other June applicants getting PPR after getting stuck for such a long time.

Enjoy! :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Linda G

Ahhhh thank you @Hopefully yours!

Your support really means more than you know! :hug:

The not knowing is getting me down this last week or so...

JanR
26 minutes ago, Reibtseb said:

Sooo...

After submitting on 11 June, and getting IP1 on 11 July or so (too lazy to check the exact dates now...), I have received my PPR email. It came through at 03:10 this morning (26 September). I have been waiting for IP2 to begin, and have started thinking something was wrong with my application haha. So yea, logged in this morning and I see IP2 status. Guess it happened over the long weekend when I didn't check every day. :ph34r:

Anyhow. Will be taking my passport to the processing centre in Pretoria this week. Hopefully they still take the photo's there. :)

Hi Reibtseb,

Congrats!

When I was there last week I saw a photo booth, and people have said they do still take photos there.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully yours

I know @Linda G, but it will come, probably when you least expect it! :ph34r:

• Like 1

IreneBez

Congratulations @Reibtseb! That's excellent! Enjoy the feeling! @Linda G, yours will come this week, I'm sure of it!

• Like 2

Linda G

Hehehe, yes probably @Hopefully yours!

But I have to say I am feeling a bit better after @Reibtseb's good news though. It will probably keep me positive for another 1-2 weeks before I start worrying again. :P

• Like 1

Linda G

Thanks @IreneBez, that would be awesome! 

Here's to hoping!:rolleyes:

@Ybaba, @Marcola, @Zain - any updates on your sides?

• Like 1

Marcola

@Linda G AOR 2 August and meds passed 23 August (IP1). Re-submitted my fingerprints to the FBI and will only have those end november/beginning dec. Sent an extension request with LOE to CIC. Since we're PNP our application will take longer in any case so hoping that they will grant us the extention.

Im sure yours will be soon:)

Edited by Marcola
  • Thanks 1