Sign in to follow this  
Hopefully yours

PR Application Submitted - June 2017

Themi

Congratulations @Hopefully yours. Really happy for you.

• Like 1

Hopefully yours

Thank you everybody...I'm extremely relieved!:whistling:

• Like 2

Themi

Bet you are :D...... the waiting is extremely nerve wracking. hahahahaha

• Like 1

Linda G

Hi @Zain, thanks for letting me know.

Nice to know we are not alone! ;)

CrystalClear

PPR received and Visa's requested. Whoop Whoop! *happy dance*

• Like 8

Painter lady

Congratulations @CrystalClear! Feels great hey?

• Like 1

Linda G

Great news, congrats @CrystalClear@Painter lady & @Kaeli!!

:D:ilikeit::king:

Edited by Linda G
  • Like 2

JumpingShip

Wow, lots of forumites with fantastic news lately!!!:ilikeit: Congrats @Painter lady, @Kaeli and @CrystalClear! So happy for you!:D

• Like 4

CrystalClear

Thanks, all. It feels awesome, shocked and very excited. Holding thumbs for all still waiting. 

• Like 4

Hopefully yours

Update: Paid a visit to VFS Brooklyn today, submitted our passports...very pleasant experience..even with our very noisy 4yo, 5yo and 7yo :blink:<_<, in and out in under 20 minutes :ilikeit:

• Like 4

Hopefully yours

Yay, our profile has changed to application approved, exactly 14 days after submitting passports!  We'll collect our passports on Friday...A special thank you to everyone who contributed to our success, by your posts through the years and providing advice and motivation when needed! Couldn't have done it without you all!:hug:

• Like 5

Briwer

@Hopefully yours, Congratulations! Just a quick question, did you receive an SMS notification/E-mail for collection? I checked our account this morning and it also finally stated application approved :ilikeit:  We handed in on the 31st of August, so I am just curious as to when I can collect the passports. Happy planning!

• Like 1

AdeleDBN

Just my two cents, we had a return courier service booked for our passports, so when our application changed to Approved and still  no passports showed up. After a very stressful week of waiting I called VFS and they said that they are still busy with the processing -  I was so confused.  We only received a call from VFS to confirm our address 14 days after our status changed.  What I guess I am saying is do not go to fetch your passports unless they or you have confirmed that they are actually ready to be collected. 

• Like 1

Hopefully yours

@AdeleDBN, I totally agree...it was wishfull thinking that I would get it Friday, we have to go to Jhb (from the free state) for a wedding, so I had hoped that it will be ready to collect...:wacko:I'll have to wait for the sms that it is ready to collect or I'll phone them tomorrow... @Briwer, there you have your answer ;)

• Like 1

Hopefully yours

So I received an email this morning from cic to say that our passports were dispatched to vfs and an email from vfs just now to say that the passports are ready for collection :rolleyes: so there you have it  @Briwer...hope you receive yours too :ilikeit:

• Like 5

Briwer

@Hopefully yours, great news, thank you. Received our email this morning, so leaving work early to go and collect it :D

• Like 2

Briwer

So, just an update. After leaving work early to collect the passports, I got a surprise. Received my package and just had a gut feeling, so I told the guy, I just want to make sure everything is in order, turns out it wasn't. They switched my husband's and my photos, so I am Mr. now and he the Mrs <_< So had to hand them in again to be returned to head office, and will hopefully get a call in a weeks time to collect. 

TL;DR: Make sure of every detail once you collect passports, Names, birthdates, correct photos and correct visas in their respective passports etc. TIA

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hopefully yours

Update: I collected our passports today from vfs, everything is in order...I was in and out in less than 15 minutes, a very pleasant experience again;) FYI, I paid for the sms service, but I stil haven't received a sms to collect the passports :ph34r: so I don't know if it is worth paying for...

• Like 2

Briwer
3 minutes ago, Hopefully yours said:

FYI, I paid for the sms service, but I stil haven't received a sms to collect the passports :ph34r: so I don't know if it is worth paying for...

Same here, never received an SMS. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you @Hopefully yours  Luckily we stay in Pretoria and the guy said he would call us for collection as they have nothing to give you for proof like the slip you had to hand in as proof of payment. So we'll see what happens... Apparently, we are the third photo swopping this month!

Hopefully yours

Oh no @Briwer, that is frustrating...note to those who will follow, check all the documents before leaving vfs...

• Like 1

Andrea Human

Hi all,@Hopefully Yours, how long did it take for your passports to be processed from the day that VfS received them to the day that you could collect them?  We are over the moon! Got our amazing YES last night! Planning to personally take our passports in on Tuesday! 

Edited by Andrea Human
Experimenting
  • Like 4

Linda G

Congrats Andrea, thats wonderful news!

Enjoy every moment! :ilikeit:

Do you mind if I ask what your timeline was?

Hopefully yours

Hi @Andrea Human, congratulations! It was exactly 14 days (10 business days) from drop-off at vfs to collection...we're a family of 5 :rolleyes: (don't know if it's relevant or not...)

It was a painless experience for us at vfs, I hope that it will be for you too...

• Like 1