Sign in to follow this  
Hopefully yours

Help! please -letter of explanation

Hopefully yours

Hi everyone, I need your help...if they say in the document checklist you must load i.e. proof of name change..would you say you should only load the document they ask for i.e. your marriage certificate and Is and give an explanation in the 'letter of explanation' section, or can you attach an explanation to the document you upload? 

MaryJane

Hi, is the letter of explanation specific to the name change? If so, then you should upload it with other documents in that specific section. 

• Like 1

Hopefully yours

Thanks @MaryJane, last minute jitters...we're submitting today:blink: Don't want them to reject the application because we didn't follow the instructions or something stupid like that...but I feel better now:rolleyes:

ZA_TP2017

Hi. I added a front page stating my old surname and my new surname and attached the following as proof.  unabridged birth certificate, old id, unabridged marriage licence and then my new id.

Good luck with the rest of the documentation.

Rich
2 hours ago, Hopefully yours said:

Thanks @MaryJane, last minute jitters...we're submitting today:blink: Don't want them to reject the application because we didn't follow the instructions or something stupid like that...but I feel better now:rolleyes:

Don't worry about it too much Hopefully yours, I can attest to the fact that if they wonder about some aspect of your application or a document they will send you a letter via your CIC profile and ask for an explanation or additional documentation. 

Good luck!

Hopefully yours

Thank you @ZA_TP2017 and @Rich, hopefully after today I can relax a little bit...what will be will be I suppose:rolleyes:! Thanks for the encouragement!

DB01

I just put anything that they might query. For instance, gaps in your job history.

Linda G

Hi everyone,

Hope my question ties in with this thread..?

We are also submitting our application today - finally!

But now I'm second guessing myself...

With our EE profile mistakenly stated that I worked 45hours a week, but after recieving my job reference letter it stated the work hours as 35hours a week. 

I decided to just update the info on our profile to match the reference letter and state the reason for the change in the letter if explanation, because it still qualifies as full-time work (more than the minimum 30hours per week) and does not influence our total CRS points at all.

But now Im stressing! Will they see this as misinterpretation (I said 45 where as it was actually 35)?

Does anyone think this will be a problem, should I rather reject the invatation and fix the hours on our profile and hope for another ITA? (really hope that wont be necessary)

Just dont want to do anything that will possibly get us rejected?

AdeleDBN

@Linda G, I do not think you have anything to worry about.  We also changed some information regarding my Hubby's work experience between ITA and actual submission of documents.  As long as it does not affect your CRS points you should be fine.  We had no problems and no additional information was required. Good Luck!!

Edited by AdeleDBN

Linda G

Thank you @AdeleDBN, I needed to hear that. ?

At first I was not worried about our application at all, but it seems the closer I get to submitting the more Im obsessing over every little detail. 

• Like 1

Amy G

Hi all 

Am going to submit our final application tomorrow but wondering at what point they ask for the letter of explanation? 

I don't see a field for that in the document checklist... does it come after attaching all documents and proceeding to the next step? 

Thanks!  

iTee23
6 hours ago, Amy G said:

Hi all 

Am going to submit our final application tomorrow but wondering at what point they ask for the letter of explanation? 

I don't see a field for that in the document checklist... does it come after attaching all documents and proceeding to the next step? 

Thanks!  

I think there is a document row in the Checklist called "Client Information" - The description says you can add a letter of explanation here, if you have one.

Amy G