Sign in to follow this  
Meyer88

SARS (South african revenue service) Express entry

Meyer88

Good day fellow forum members.

Would like some information from those of you that might have something to share.

To make a long story short. I am in the process of registering on the Express entry program and getting all documents in order and trying to determine what hurdles I could potentially face and sorting them out before I need to resolve problems when I have a limited number of time e.g.. 90 days to submit application etc.

Problem background - Since I want to potentially immigrate I am getting all my ducks in a row or at least I am trying. I however realised that I have an outstanding balance at SARS of about R2500, this is not a problem and I will pay. I however still need to submit two tax return IRP5 documents from 2011 and 2013 respectively. Now I don't know why that was not done either I was sleeping or the company had been sleeping but none the less that is my situation, and to complicated matters even more...The company where I am supposed to get those IRP5's presently so that I can submit them to SARS had been closed and does no longer exist.

I need to get this sorted, not only because I want to immigrate but obviously being in good standing with SARS is non negotiable.

Questions :

1.) Any input, tips or help as to how about I will be able to "fix" my situation.

2.) Will at any point in the express entry process or the Application for permanent residency it influence my chance of being approved if I have not submitted all my information to SARS? Will CIC require IRP5's or proof of good standing to SARS or any such thing?

Regards

Gary van der Westhuizen

Hi @Meyer88 legally the companies you worked for has to keep your information for at least 7 years, if you maybe still have contact with someone that worked there, I would start there as they might have access to those archives. Alternatively, if you used efiling, you employer could've/should've loaded your IRP 5 on there in that year, maybe worth your while to see if you can't get it from your efiling profile? 

As far as good standing goes, we used an agent, and provided her with all our employment details as well as IRP5's and proof of employment, so I think you need those, but someone that submitted their own would be better suited at answering that one. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

FaithFUL

If the company has indeed submitted the annual EMP501 for those years then your IRP5 will be reflected on your income tax return for that year. You can submit as usual. The problem with NOT having a copy of your IRP5 is if SARS decides to review you. If you don't supply them with a copy of your IRP5 then they reverse ALL the PAYE on your IRP5 and you will to pay it again.