Reibtseb

22seven

Reibtseb

Hi there all,

Been lurking for a few weeks...

I'm currently waiting for FNB to get me my proof of funds letter...they are taking forever, and sent me around in circles for a week...apparently I'm the first FNB client to go via EE... So I was wondering whether anyone has tried submitting screenshots from 22seven to CIC, along with bank statements?

The information they'd get from 22seven is way better and faster than any bank statements/bank letters, and shows the account balance, linked date, graphs ever since, etc. Only thing is it's not as "official" as bank statements or the mythical letter.

I'm very tempted to submit screenshots of all my accounts, their current values, and their graphs for the last year.

Edited by Reibtseb

AnniePotts

Maybe ask them for a confirmation of account letter/s. Attach you 6 months bank statement to this for each account. 

The phrase "proof of funds" might have them confused? 

Standard Bank has a template for this for most accounts (not credit card account though) and I think you can even print these off at the AutoPlus machine. BTW: You can also print branch stamped statements on A4 paper at AutoPlus machines. 

I know you said you bank with FNB but maybe see what you can get from the non-cash ATM. 

Not plugging Standard Bank, even though it may seem that way. Just thought it might help others who bank with Standard because I only discovered this after wasting time standing in queues unnessarily. 

Zealan

If you get FNB to print anything for you, that's R11 per page thx. 6 months bank statements will therefore be a hefty sum. The last couple of free statements per account cover what you need. 

Edited by Zealan

Ribsy

Print off your own Bank Statements from Internet Banking (assuming you have access) which should normally print directly onto FNB stationery then go into your FNB branch and request that they stamp the documents presented.  Prepare an individual summary of all your accounts as supporting documentation and submit together.  My assumption is that CIC are looking to ensure that you've got sufficient funds, that you've had them for a sufficient period and not a gift from a family member, and that it's been presented are legitimate documents. 

M-N

We had the same issue in Canada.  We just got the manager to type up a letter with a table showing dates balance for each account on a letterhead and had her sign it.   

Reibtseb
12 hours ago, AnniePotts said:

The phrase "proof of funds" might have them confused?

Thanks AnniePotts, the best part is I took the CIC specifications along to the bank, after my 'premier banker' told me to go there (I sent them an email with the CIC stuff)...then the bank manager, who saw the requirements, told me to email finsurv@fnb.co.za, I then emailed them with the requirements, they come back a few days later telling me to go to my personal banker or bank manager.......

First time since I joined FNB almost 5 years ago that I regret it haha.

Piper
6 minutes ago, Reibtseb said:

Thanks AnniePotts, the best part is I took the CIC specifications along to the bank, after my 'premier banker' told me to go there (I sent them an email with the CIC stuff)...then the bank manager, who saw the requirements, told me to email finsurv@fnb.co.za, I then emailed them with the requirements, they come back a few days later telling me to go to my personal banker or bank manager.......

Have you tried submitting a query with your FNB 'premier banker' via the online portal? (Accessed after you log into your online banking).

P.S. We were in contact via LinkedIn a few days ago. Small world!

Reibtseb
Just now, Piper said:

Have you tried submitting a query with your FNB 'premier banker' via the online portal? (Accessed after you log into your online banking).

P.S. We were in contact via LinkedIn a few days ago. Small world!

Yea, that's where I started. They told me to email forex@fnb.co.za, forex emailed back saying speak to my banker, spoke to 'banker' again, telling them this...he then tells me to go to my bank branch. The branch I have only been in once in 5 years to pick up my credit card haha. And well the rest went on from there.

Ooo now I don't feel like a complete stranger here :D

• Like 1

MaryJane
14 hours ago, AnniePotts said:

Maybe ask them for a confirmation of account letter/s. Attach you 6 months bank statement to this for each account. 

Confirmation of account letter, confirmation letter of account balances, printout of account balances with bank stamp or on bank letterhead should all work.

Exactly as AnniePotts has described where you print your bank statements yourself from FNB Online to tie the transactions back to the account balances shown by the bank confirmation letter at a certain date.

graciax452

Hi, Print your own statements from Internet banking or previous statements, write a letter to summarise then take that to a branch for them to check and stamp

Reibtseb

Thanks everyone. I'm assuming from all the stamp references, that it's imperative to get the bank's stamp on whatever I submit, at least?

Karen 1225

Hi there

I dont know where you live but have you tried a different fnb? I am also woth fnb and the branch manager assisted me with the letter. Do have a few issues but she thprd it up for me as required bit had to get an updated one and she didnt do that. But at least ahe got the template correct will jiat go and sit with her for my final letter before i submit

• Like 1

Tracey22

Curious - what is 22seven?

Reibtseb
18 minutes ago, Tracey22 said:

Curious - what is 22seven?

@Tracey22 An amazing money managing app by Old Mutual...keeps track of all accounts you add, and they support many. One of the things I will miss when I leave!

https://www.22seven.com/

Edited by Reibtseb
Added link

Reibtseb
1 hour ago, Karen 1225 said:

Hi there

I dont know where you live but have you tried a different fnb? I am also woth fnb and the branch manager assisted me with the letter. Do have a few issues but she thprd it up for me as required bit had to get an updated one and she didnt do that. But at least ahe got the template correct will jiat go and sit with her for my final letter before i submit

@Karen 1225 Can you possibly blank out all your details and send me the format, so I can spoon feed my branch? :$ I'm in Pretoria East, so went to The Grove Mall.

CarelG

As @Ribsy and other said: Print out your own emailed statements (only of the account with POF money in), this way it it with the coloured FNB logo. Go to a branch, print the same statements from their online terminals (this is important, as they will only stamp statements that is printed there, they can see that it was not altered.) Ask the person stamping to verify that your colour copies is the exact same as the b&w statements printed on the premises, and then to stamp the coloured ones. Also print a screengrab of sorts of all accounts held at FNB (print icon somewhere on the top righthand corner when in "My Bank Accounts") and have that stamped as the letter for all active accounts, which of course would include and correlate with the account with POF money. 

(Disclaimer: own experience only)

• Like 1

SunshineGirl
11 hours ago, Reibtseb said:

@Reibtseb, personally we haven't found the FNB "personal banker" to be of much use.  In general, almost all queries / requests that we've directed to our "personal banker" has left us quite disillusioned with their service. From their turn around time of about a week (when it's supposed to be 24 hours) to the quality of the info in the answer - it's left us uninspired. 

• Like 1

Reibtseb
14 hours ago, SunshineGirl said:

@Reibtseb, personally we haven't found the FNB "personal banker" to be of much use.  In general, almost all queries / requests that we've directed to our "personal banker" has left us quite disillusioned with their service. From their turn around time of about a week (when it's supposed to be 24 hours) to the quality of the info in the answer - it's left us uninspired. 

@SunshineGirl Yea I can't and won't argue on that. They are for the most part, no better than a normal call center. I will probably go try at the bank again. I have put together all my bank statements and 22seven graphs etc in one pdf, will see whether CIC accepts my explanation in my letter...

Karen 1225
On Thursday, June 08, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Reibtseb said:

@Karen 1225 Can you possibly blank out all your details and send me the format, so I can spoon feed my branch? :$ I'm in Pretoria East, so went to The Grove Mall.

Sorry that i took forever to reply. I tried to attach a photo but size is too big and tried to attach the excel but stll too big. Any suggestions how i can get my example on the forum?

Reibtseb
29 minutes ago, Karen 1225 said:

Sorry that i took forever to reply. I tried to attach a photo but size is too big and tried to attach the excel but stll too big. Any suggestions how i can get my example on the forum?

No worries! I submitted a while back (11 June...) and coincidentally FNB emailed me the funds letter with all the detail this morning.... 3 weeks after asking all over... So I sent it via CSE as supplementary to what I sent. Will have to wait and see what they say... :)

Of anyone needs the format, pm me and I'll send a sample.

Edited by Reibtseb

MaryJane

Dropbox?

FaithFUL

On this topic of bank statements & letter from the bank. Can one submit ONLY the bank statements or is imperative that the bank letter accompanies those statements?

I'm asking because our bond will have to be reflected on that bank letter which wipes out ALL the available cash we have for POF. Our house will only be put on the market in the late stages of PR application (don't ask - tender issue).

Reibtseb

@FaithFUL

I sent details of all my assets, house included. Don't want to hide something lest it comes out in the BGC. I did explain the situation in my letter of explanation though. As long as you have the required funds in cash, with equity in the house to settle the remaining debt you should be fine. That's my situation and I haven't been refused... yet...<_<

• Like 2

Reibtseb

Small update. I received PPR with 22seven as proof of funds, with proof of the bank accounts being mine (fund letter showing no average amount... only account names, balances at that time, and date of opening) from FNB.