Sign in to follow this  
Coll

Help

Coll

Hi 

We are now busy getting our ducks in a row and will start applying as soon as we do our IELTS.  Eek cannot believe we are actually doing this!!!!   Anyway, I've got a few questions that I'm hoping you can help me with as I qualify for the express entry.  I've looked at the CRS criteria and am trying to gauge how many points I can get and I've got a few queries:

Section A - Core/Human capital factors - level of education -  I have a bachelors degree in Accounting under ACCA and I've got a 3 year diploma in AAT as well as a year diploma in Business Computing.  Would I qualify for the 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years'?

Section B -  Spouse Common Law Factors - My husband studied for a diploma in Clothing technology for 3 years after school but was one subject short of getting his diploma.  We have all his papers and exam scores but unfortunately no diploma.  Would he still be able to get a score of 7?  He also studied for CIPC but only did 2 papers.  Does this help his score?

Section C - Skills Transferability factors - I have a bachelors degree in Accounting under ACCA and I've got a 3 year diploma in AAT as well as a year diploma in Business Computing.  Would I qualify for the 'Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer' at either 25 or 50 points depending on my score for IELTS? 

What is the average score most have got for the IELTS?  Would it be a long stretch to assume that if I practice and study for the exam that I could possibly get a CLB 10 or more for the IELTS?  Any helpful tips on how to pass with flying colours?

Rddm2017 - What is a WES?

If I get a score of between 401-439 depending on the answers above.  How long can I expect to wait?

Looking forward to hearing from you all. :)

Edited by Coll

ReneLestan

Hi @Coll,

I'm not a pro at working out the scores so can't help you there, but it's quite important that you get the WES part done before doing the IELTS.  The IELTS test scores expire after 2 years, which sounds like a long time, but the WES takes a while, which would waste a few months on the 2 years.

WES is World Education Services, one of the organisations you can use to get your qualifications accredited or confirmed to be Canadian equivalents.  You will need these certificates for a PR application.  Here is a link to their website https://www.wes.org/ca/.  I used them to get my qualifications accredited and was very happy with the service.  Get that going so long.

Best of luck!

Rene

Nelline

I can answer one question - no your spouse will not get the 7 points, sorry. All qualifications have to be assessed by WES (or an equivalent) in order to score points and without the issued diploma, they will not assess it.

Lizelle

Getting the max score on the IELTS is not impossible.  

You don't have to get full marks on everything to get max points on the EE.  Here is the breakdown for the points:

IELTS
First official language (Maximum 24 points)
CLB Level Ability: Speaking Ability: Listening Ability: Reading Ability: Writing Points per ability
7 6.0 6.0 – 7.0 6.0 6.0 4
8 6.5 7.5 6.5 6.5 5
9 7.0 8.0 7.0 7.0 6
10 and above 7.5 – 9.0 8.5 – 9.0 8.0 – 9.0 7.5 – 9.0 6

The latest draw was 423, I believe.  I am not sure it will reach 400, but you never know.  I would do WES as soon as possible, if I were you.  You cannot enter the EE pool until you have both WES and IELTS paperwork.  Very important - you cannot simply send your paperwork on to WES.  It has to be send from the university.  The easiest way to do this is to go to them, get the stuff, have them put it in an envelope, and then take that envelope and put it in your own envelope to send it on. 

• Like 1

Rddm2017

@Coll I also believe your WES question has been ask.

If you did your degree at Tuks you will need to work with MIE. Not sure with the other.

Also remember to open 2 accounts one for each person at WES. I would also do it ASAP we have open our account in March 2017.

According to the courier companies our documents are at WES but they haven't update the status and they normally take about 1-3 months (some people experience it done within one months)

The IELTS results you will get 13days after writing. We did ours on the 29 April 2017, so we are in the waiting gam to open our profile.

Good luck with everything, and ask if you need more help with WES/IELTS.

SunshineGirl

Hi there.  We've just done the WES route & I would count on at least 2 months for the process to run it's course (even though their website claims 20 working days..).  My documents sat in the WES office for about 2 weeks after they were signed for by a WES representative & before they acknowledged receiving them on the system.  When I queried via e-mail, I  received a bit of a wishy washy answer about a week later & furthermore, WES took longer than an additional 20 working days to approve my degree & diploma.  All in all, about 8 weeks, even though there were no queries or hick-ups. All the best to you & your hubby.

Coll

Thanks so much for all your responses!  Ok WES route it is first then.  Just a few more questions:

would Wes still give my husband points if he has not completed his diploma?  

If we submit and our points are low can we amend them as and when we qualify further?  I'm planning on completing my masters by March next year.  

Would you recommend going an immigration consultant route?  If so, which company should we use?

Nelline
23 hours ago, Nelline said:

I can answer one question - no your spouse will not get the 7 points, sorry. All qualifications have to be assessed by WES (or an equivalent) in order to score points and without the issued diploma, they will not assess it.

"would Wes still give my husband points if he has not completed his diploma?"

Are you hoping someone else will give you a different answer? :P 

• Like 2

Coll

Oh my word!  Sorry man!  Did not even read that.  Lol

MaryJane
7 hours ago, Coll said:

If we submit and our points are low can we amend them as and when we qualify further?  I'm planning on completing my masters by March next year.

Yes. You'll have to get WES to assess your Masters and add it to your WES profile.

Lizelle

I would not go the immigration consultant route unless you have a complex situation (custody issues, medical issues, police issues).  It costs a lot of money, and in general they do not add anything that you could not do yourself, provided you do the research.  If you are completing you masters, it stands to reason that you are fairly competent in reading :) .  That is all it takes.  Reading through the immigration website, clicking on the links, familiarizing yourself with the requirements and documents and options.  

There are many stories on this site of people that have been taken for a ride by immigration consultants.  Even where it is a legitimate consultant, they don't do anything other than what you will do.  They don't make the process faster.  They don't have access to information you don't have.  They don't look for work for you.  You still have to collect all your paperwork (they don't do it for you), and you have to provide the information.   

Edited by Lizelle

Rddm2017

@Coll my husbands' matric is going to be assist and my degree. I am also busy with my MBA and when I am done I'll get it assest again. I would rather do it now and instead of waiting for your Masters. If you need help with the matric you welcome to ask :) good luck. @SunshineGirl I was about to email WES for an update because its there according to couriers but waiting for the update on our WES Profile

• Like 1

Coll

Thanks so much for all your responses!