Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

OID Paper Based Timeline

scorpion

Hi All

Any OID/Paper based applicants here? I see most of the applicants are from express entry stream.

MaryJane

Welcome to the forums, @scorpion!

I can't think of anybody offhand, who's got a paper based application going at the moment, but I hope somebody steps up to help.

I know of people who have managed it successfully and are now in Canada or on EE.

Is yours a paper based PNP application?

scorpion

Hi @MaryJane

Thank you. Yes, I am a SINP OID applicant. I submitted my app on 1 March and received AOR on 29 March.

I just wanted to understand the paper based applications timelines.

I am currently waiting for my FT.

Tootsie

Hi @scorpion

I am a paper based MPNP. Submitted to Sydney, NS the paper based application on Febuary 3 2017. Received AOR last March 22, 2017.

And currently waiting for the file transfer confirmation.

louisrdev

Hi @scorpion @Tootsie

I applied paper based in September last year, received AOR Dec or Jan, can't remember. File was transferred to Pretoria end of Jan. PR approved 13 April.

They already had my medicals on file for a work permit application that was done in Dec / Jan, so I never received a request for medicals, and I went to the CHC in Pretoria and delivered my PCC before they requested it. I don't know if this helped at all, just putting all the facts out there.

scorpion
16 hours ago, Tootsie said:

Hi @scorpion

I am a paper based MPNP. Submitted to Sydney, NS the paper based application on Febuary 3 2017. Received AOR last March 22, 2017.

@Tootsie Thank you. we have almost same timeline. I know another guy with AOR date 28 Feb and FT 17 March. he is still waiting for medicals.

scorpion
9 hours ago, louisrdev said:

Hi @scorpion @Tootsie

I applied paper based in September last year, received AOR Dec or Jan, can't remember. File was transferred to Pretoria end of Jan. PR approved 13 April.

They already had my medicals on file for a work permit application that was done in Dec / Jan, so I never received a request for medicals, and I went to the CHC in Pretoria and delivered my PCC before they requested it. I don't know if this helped at all, just putting all the facts out there.

@louisrdev That is an impressive timeline for OID. Did you receive PPR? i wish i can have similar timeline :) I received my AOR in 28 days.. now waiting for FT since 29 March :(

A J
1 hour ago, scorpion said:

@Tootsie Thank you. we have almost same timeline. I know another guy with AOR date 28 Feb and FT 17 March. he is still waiting for medicals.

Hey Bro , I am here..I think we are 3 now.Wale

First Aor 23rd feb( From Sydney NS)

second AOR 17th march(From CHC pretoria)

awaiting medical request 

A J
10 hours ago, louisrdev said:

Hi @scorpion @Tootsie

Hello Louis, Thanks.You are always willing to help.Thanks once again

A J
17 hours ago, Tootsie said:

Hi @scorpion

Hello Tootsie, You and Scorpion are just a day apart..You both might receive AOR from CHC pretoria same day.

Keep intouch Bro

scorpion

@A J @Tootsie

Good to see similar applications and almost same timelines. :)

Tootsie

Hi @scorpion and @A J

any news or updates on your status? it has been 42 days since for me and still waiting for the file transfer to happen.

I wonder how long it takes again to wait from File Transfer to Medical Request.

scorpion
16 hours ago, Tootsie said:

Hi @scorpion and @A J

any news or updates on your status? it has been 42 days since for me and still waiting for the file transfer to happen.

Hi @Tootsie

28 March - 1st AOR. No updates on FT yet. I am planning to raise a case specific enquiry to know the status of my application.

Tootsie

Hi @Scorpion

If I do not receive the File Transfer confirmation by May 13 I will definitely raise a case specific inquiry on May 15 . I was just comparing the timelines to @Druce - they receive the FT at 52 days. So I am giving it a few more days.

I wanted to reserve that Case Specific Inquiry to Medical Request if it lapses by 4 weeks. 

The fact that there is no other requirement that I need to comply except the Medical Exam as I have paid in advance and submitted the receipt and the Police Clearance Certificate  to Nova Scotia office already. I guess it does not matter.

A J
On 2017-5-3 at 4:23 PM, Tootsie said:

Hi @scorpion and @A J

There is no update yet @Tootsie ,I am still waiting for medical request from CHC pretoria.Remember I got file transfer Email (2nd AOR)from them on the 17th March and that is Going to 2 months now.

I am just here hoping and Praying for a quick update from them.

scorpion

@Tootsie Guys from India started getting bulk FT emails today. Have you received any update?

The latest AOR with FT email is April 14.

Hoping we get FT email this week. Pls let us know if you get an email.

Tootsie

Hi @scorpion,

I hope so that we will receive it this week. And really hoping Pretoria would make up the lost time by sending out the medical request as soon as possible too.

And also respond to medical exam results in time too ( @A J still waiting).

Sorry to be negative.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that India like my home country have a lot faster processing time than South Africa's visa office in terms of paper-based.

2 of my family members originating from home had a 4- 6 weeks waiting time in between stages from NS AOR. So, yes, they got the PR's in 6 months or less.

With the exemption of Express Entry, Pretoria is still way behind schedule. My husband read an online article (don't know which site) that ranked South Africa in top 3 in the slowest of processing visas for Canada. Cannot vouched for the authenticity of the article but looks like it is true after all.

Disappointed but expected.  Maybe a chosen few gets it on a reasonable time. 

Frustated. Planning to be in Winnipeg before the start of winter this year coz of kids.

Currently stoning the heavens that we can still land with enough time to acclimatize.

I will definitely keep in touch. 

scorpion
1 hour ago, Tootsie said:

@Tootsie

Please don't lose hope. Yes, you are right about chosen few applications get processed faster. Not sure what the criteria for that is.

Pretoria VO is definitely slow compared to London and New Delhi VO(NDVO).

It looks like CIC accumulates all the AOR's for one full month and deliver them to respective VO's in one shot. Which would explain bulk FT emails.

Currently only NDVO has sent out FT emails. None of the other VO's have sent any FT's.

Lets hope we get it by early next week at least.

1 hour ago, Tootsie said:

Hi @scorpion,

I hope so that we will receive it this week. And really hoping Pretoria would make up the lost time by sending out the medical request as soon as possible too.

And also respond to medical exam results in time too ( @A J still waiting).

Sorry to be negative.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that India like my home country have a lot faster processing time than South Africa's visa office in terms of paper-based.

2 of my family members originating from home had a 4- 6 weeks waiting time in between stages from NS AOR. So, yes, they got the PR's in 6 months or less.

With the exemption of Express Entry, Pretoria is still way behind schedule. My husband read an online article (don't know which site) that ranked South Africa in top 3 in the slowest of processing visas for Canada. Cannot vouched for the authenticity of the article but looks like it is true after all.

Disappointed but expected.  Maybe a chosen few gets it on a reasonable time. 

Frustated. Planning to be in Winnipeg before the start of winter this year coz of kids.

Currently stoning the heavens that we can still land with enough time to acclimatize.

I will definitely keep in touch. 

collgav

Hi @scorpion @A J and @Tootsie

as you already know Tootsie we are also paper based MPNP-Business. Our application arrived at CIC NS on 23 Nov 2016 and we reclevied AOR on 23 Feb 2017. FT to CHCPretoria on 21 Mar 2017 and we're still waiting for Medical requests. This is so frustrating having our lives on hold like this. Can't sell our house and household goods too soon so just hanging in there hoping  and praying we will arrive in Canada before it starts snowing so we can do our drivers licences in regular weather conditions :unsure: :D. Please keep us all posted on your progress.  Glad we're not alone here :ilikeit:

A J
On 2017-5-3 at 4:23 PM, Tootsie said:

Hello collgav,Nice to have you here.We are just few days apart from our timeline.

Please keep us updated if you have any updAte on your profile.

There is no update yet @Tootsie ,I am still waiting for medical request from CHC pretoria.Remember I got file transfer Email (2nd AOR)from them on the 17th March and that is Going to 2 months now.

I am just here hoping and Praying for a quick update from them.

• Like 1

Angiedoo

I am paper based too. My timeline should be below.

Still waiting for any type of response since I uploaded documents. Would really like to visit home but can't take the chance of doing that right now.

Edited by Angiedoo

scorpion

@Angiedoo Thanks for sharing your timeline.. Not sure why the background check went from in progress to not needed. Maybe your background check is completed hence the change in status. Did you receive medicals request?

We have a whatsapp group for applicants from SA(Paperbased). If interested pls message me your number and I will add you to the group...

Tahir

Hi All

Was following you guys on all your updates. We are also OID application first AOR 7 feb. After exactly 4 months we got our kind of second AOR + MEDICAL request today.

Hope You guys also get yours soon.☺

Edited by Tahir

scorpion
18 minutes ago, Tahir said:

Hi All

Was following you guys on all your updates. We are also OID application first AOR 7 feb. After exactly 4 months we got our kind of second AOR + MEDICAL request today.

Hope You guys also get yours soon.☺

Hey @Tahir

Congratulations on FT and MR.Please post your timeline :)

we received FT on 12 May and MR on 7 June.

scorpion

Hi everyone..

A quick update from my side..

We got passport request on 20 June 2017.

Submitted passports to VFS - 27 June 2017

Visa document numbers generated in gckey - 29 June 2017

Waiting for notification from VFS to collect the passports.

• Like 2