GerdaT

Best time to start school

MargueriteE
49 minutes ago, Lizelle said:

In BC it seems to be year of birth.  Every province has their own convoluted system :)

http://go.vsb.bc.ca/schools/drpc/Publications/Going to Elementary School in BC English.pdf

(they start Kindergarten in September in the year they turn 5)

So, he can go to Gr 5

Ok. Am I correct in saying that all the kids that turn 5 in 2018 will attend Kindergarten in Sept 2018-June 2019? 

Lizelle

:) Yes

• Thanks 1

Kitcat
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, while on the topic of when best to start school, I’m getting a bit confused with the system.

We’re hoping to settle in Ontario where junior kindergarten is from the year a kid turns four. But is this the calendar year or the school year? My twins will be turning four on 2 September this year, so does this mean they would start junior kindergarten this year September, or would it only be next year September 2019? 

Edited by Kitcat

Lizelle
Posted (edited)

In the calendar year you turn 4, you start that (school year ) September :).  I know, it can get pretty confusing sometimes.  So, if they turn four in September, then they can start junior kindergarten in this year September.

Edited by Lizelle

Kitcat
18 minutes ago, Lizelle said:

In the calendar year you turn 4, you start that (school year ) September :).  I know, it can get pretty confusing sometimes.  So, if they turn four in September, then they can start junior kindergarten in this year September.

Thanks Lizelle, that’s a relief!