Sign in to follow this  
Chantel & Graeme Franck

HELP - What is vocational? trade? occupational? or professional development qualifications?

JaQ

@Annique Your PGDip from USB will be accepted by WES so dont worry about it! 

The issue I experienced with WES was because whoever initially evaluated my qualifications, accepted my degree from University of Pretoria but incorrectly identified my GIBS as a professional development qualification.

I appealed the evaluation with them and they reviewed it. They have since sent me an updated ECA and accredited my GIBS as a Undergraduate Certificate (one year). The qualification is still under evaluated but dealing with WES is incredibly frustrating and difficult. After some consideration I decided to let it be and not re-appeal as it takes weeks to get feedback and then a few more weeks for them to start the re-evaluation process. 

I get the express entry points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" so I elected to submit my express entry profile yesterday (14 January 2019). Now that I am in the pool I await the next draw.

• Thanks 1

Mandyy

Good day to you all. Thank you for the insights and questions. 'Sideline' doesnt mince words indeed....l will qoute you as long as l live "Being discouraged is like sitting on a rocking chair...it gives you something to do but it doesnt get you anywhere." Wow! ......My question...Does WES evaluate University of South Africa (UNISA) qualifications? I have a bunch of those and from other institutions a Diploma in Ed and PGD in Monitoring and Evaluation. Just wondering if my UNISA qualifications will be considered.

MaryJane

WES does UNISA qualifications. I can confirm as mine was from UNISA. A Bachelor's degree was equated to a Canadian 3-year Bachelor's degree.

You should send in everything to WES, including diplomas etc.