Sign in to follow this  
broken1

PR Application Submitted - February 2017 (Johannesburg to Toronto)

GerdaT

No news on our side... sigh!

Boptor

We submitted on 16 January 2017 from within Canada and had work permits and we have also not yet heard anything.

As we have an attorney we do not get  updates and are at the mercy of hearing feedback when our representative sends them.

Soooooooooooo frustrating xoxoxox

• Like 1

Annasofe13

Nothing here either, each day I wake up thinking today will be the day

• Like 1

LaurenW

I have a feeling we are all in for a long wait due to the sheer size of the draws the last few months. Unless the CIC has employed and trained double the amount of officials to cope with double the amount of candidates getting ITAs then I think we will be waiting the full 6 months. 

• Like 2

Annasofe13

@LaurenW I am with you on this one, waiting the full 6 months is fine, I am more worried about the possibility that it will take longer than 6 months at the rate we going:unsure:

• Like 1

ZA_TP2017

Glad I am not the only one enduring the wait. It helps so much reading everyones post. From what I can see on IMMITracker it seems as though there is an order based on eAOR date (speaking to FSW Outland only) and currently guys who submitted between 12-14Feb's medicals are being approved most recently. So here is holding thumbs for the next 2 weeks for the Feb and early March applicants. 

• Like 2

Boptor

Got feedback today saying medicals passed.

(Application submitted 16/01/2017)

• Like 9

Annasofe13

@Sparky6 see you are planning to land on the 6th of April, that is just 3 days from now, are you ready? Please keep us updated:)

Edited by Annasofe13
  • Like 2

Boptor
7 hours ago, Annasofe13 said:

@Sparky6 see you are planning to land on the 6th of April, that is just 3 days from now, are you ready? Please keep us updated:)

Whatever you do make sure you get your driving history from Traffic and Licensing before you come over.  

AND... Get the international driving permit.  It is only valid 30 days but at least gets you insurance on any car you drive until you can get your Canadian license.  IN Ontario you cannot drive unless you have proof of insurance and licensing in your car... 

There is no reciprocity with SA so you will need to redo your driving test in Ontario, however, at least you can get a full license (G) once you pass the test if you have more than two years driving history on an original abstract.  (Only Pretoria can give you this) 

Good luck and thinking of you guys.  The day we left was excruciatingly emotional and the first 4 months we missed home so much is hurt physically.  But now... 8 months in we are so blessed to be here and have come so far in such a short space of time... Life here is good ...

• Like 10

graciax452

Submitted today yaaay. Making files smaller than 4mb took forever eish. Done and dusted. Got AOR immediately so now I wait :)

Edited by graciax452
  • Like 6

graciax452

Sigh in my rush i submitted an old PCC :unsure:, Oh well just submitted the correct one using the Case Specific Entry form. Hope it doesn't slow the process down too much...

• Like 2

AdeleDBN

Has anyone had some feedback yet?? Little bit OCD checking this topic and Myimmitracker hoping for some positive movement for  SA.  

Hopefully I am not the only one going a little crazy here :D

• Like 4

GerdaT

Hi @AdeleDBN, no - you are not the only one going crazy! :whistling:

• Like 3

LaurenW

@AdeleDBN No feedback from my side. I also check everyday and check in on the topics. The wait without knowing really is killer.... Hopefully as I am reaching the 6 week mark this week I should get some feedback on my medicals. That said with the huge amount of ITA's I think we all in for an exhaustive wait. 

• Like 3

Annasofe13

@AdeleDBN no feedback, this is our 8th week waiting to hear something.

• Like 2

AdeleDBN

Good to hear, we are not alone.  At least when you are in the pool there is the excitement of a draw every second week... now nothing.. Urgh

• Like 2

broken1

We also haven't heard anything else since getting medicals approved. Given your landing date has to be within 12 months of the date of the medical it doesn't give much time if it takes too much longer. 

We've tried to forget it a little - a watched pot doesn't boil kind of story - and will pick up again all our job hunting once the PR arrives. 

• Like 1

Boptor

Weve been waiting some time too having submitted on 16 January 2017.

I do have this odd feeling this week that something is about to happen.  The same feeling I got just before our work permits were granted.  Like a restless uneasy feeling LOL.

Lets see if I am right :-)

• Like 1

Boptor
2 hours ago, broken1 said:

We also haven't heard anything else since getting medicals approved. Given your landing date has to be within 12 months of the date of the medical it doesn't give much time if it takes too much longer. 

We've tried to forget it a little - a watched pot doesn't boil kind of story - and will pick up again all our job hunting once the PR arrives. 

You don't need to worry about finding work in Canada.  Forget everything you think you know... That's the only way to get settled when you get here.

Finding work to survive is easy.  Finding work in your intended occupation is not... If you are a stickler and don't like change you are in for a ride :-)

Make sure you have enough money to sustain you for two months or so.  I doubt you going to find work online unless you are a tradesman... Rather start using your time getting a few types of Resume's prepared concentrating on one skill per resume.  Having 10 skills here makes you a master of none in their opinion so if you have retail focus on retail, if you have sales, focus on sales... you probably going ot have to look for jobs in supermarkets etc for the beginning.

Your most expensive costs here when making comparisons are going to be insurance and accommodation and you must pay first and last for everything your first month (cellphones, insurance, cable, internet and rental) so the first month is killer!  Dont let any landlords trick you into more than first and last month as its illegal in the state of ontario and so is a pet clause in a lease agreement.  They can decline you upfront by asking if you have pets but if they find out after you move in the law allows them no recourse...  In my mind its unlawful for them to ask in the first place if it voidable ...

Dont buy anything when you arrive!  Find everything at Goodwill and on Kijiji (like Gumtree)! 

Wev'e been here 9 months and have accomplished more than in 10 years of working in SA... sad but true...

We got work permits 25 April 2016 and left SA 04 August 2016... Sold our house and everything we owned and moved and I dont regret one minute of it now...

Edited by Boptor
  • Like 4

GerdaT

Just checked our CIC account, and we have Medical Passed! So grateful for the movement. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone also gets positive feedback soon.

• Like 10

LaurenW

@GerdaT Congratulations!!! And yay for some movement. We 8 days behind you so hopefully we should be following soon... Keep us posted :D

• Like 1

AdeleDBN

@GerdaT, that's wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

Annasofe13

@GerdaT wooooohooooooo! Thats great news, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you, small celebration time:)

• Like 1

Annasofe13

@JoannaB did you get any feedback as yet?

JoannaB

:unsure: Nope nothing yet. Fingers crossed that when movement finally happens it will all fall into place quickly.......

• Like 1