Sign in to follow this  
broken1

PR Application Submitted - February 2017 (Johannesburg to Toronto)

Ribsy

@QueenOfHeartsZA / @Boptor / @GerdaT / @broken1.  Based on the discussion in the past few days, I would like to emphasise the importance of remaining composed despite the increased frustration that is being experienced during this waiting time.  Be careful about these trackers found on other forums as each individual's circumstances may be different for multiple reasons. 

I personally think that there was a priority in reviewing and approving the FSW Inland applicants as they are already in the Canadian system, many of which are already either employed or studying.  It appeared as though these individuals were being processed quicker.  These trackers also have individuals from all over the world, again with different Visa Processing Centres and all with very different demands. 

I've shared my personal timelines recently and refer to my timelines in my signature below.  I personally think that current timelines are less than the 6 months indicated.  My dates were just over 90 days / 3 months from AOR to passports being received with visas inserted... and these timelines were over the festive season too. 

If the information supplied in your application is complete and sufficient then you're unlikely to receive much feedback or progress during the first two months other than whether your medicals have been passed or not.  I received a change in Background Check approx. 2 months after submission and Passport Requests approx. 2 weeks thereafter. 

I know that it's easier said than done now that I'm on the other side of the fence with PR visa in hand but the wait is well worth it.  My other recommendation is to consider the following if you haven't already:  What household goods are you going to take with you and how... start getting some quotes?  Start researching some of the suburbs in which you would like to live once in Canada?  When and how are you going to start the process of selling your current house and other assets such as motor vehicles or furniture?  This may help with passing the time.

Good luck, the waiting is almost over. 

• Like 5

Nelline

I agree with @Ribsy here - each timeline is unique, the main thing is to keep focused (keep your eye on the prize) try to stay sane and start planning your next steps. 

• Like 2

QueenOfHeartsZA

@Ribsy I have already determined that it's nice to look at however it is not a valid form of information as a South African as there was only 2 SA cases. I think that if we as South Africans promote the use of it , it can become an informal source for future applicants. If you view the data you will see that the 60 and less days are coming out of first world countries. They are also the counties that have work permits with a third of the processing time on cic.

I realised that I should have taken a breath myself before feeling attacked and I would have then noticed that his first letter was not a cap. 

Our house has been on the market since last year and iv done all of the other research possible. I'm now concentrating on becoming registered to teach in Ontario as that's actually all I can do to move forwards for now as I have looked at everything else. 

Edited by QueenOfHeartsZA
Added the last part
  • Like 2

broken1

@Ribsy that would be a very similar experience to my visitors visa (although that is obviously shorter). I heard nothing for a whole month and then 4 business day before I was supposed to leave got all the updates and passport request. It was cutting it tight.

It's nice to get a balanced view because reading some of the international forums you feel like something is wrong given the lack of activity. I figured we in for a bit of a wait because of the increase in ITAs in each round of the draw. I am not in a huge rush though as we are planning December landing (although we might need to pop back to SA after that to sort out some things.  

QueenOfHeartsZA

We submitted this morning ?????

• Like 10

AnniePotts

Anyone know how to print out the entire PR application questionnaire in one go?  So far it's only printing screen-by-screen, and cutting off some of the page.

Ydean Hartzenberg

Hello all.

Would having a valid job offer with positive LMIA and all expedite processing of PR application on EE?  

Yours,

K&U

For those of you that have recently submitted their application: Can anyone comment on this?

On 2017/03/02 at 8:22 AM, K&U said:

Profile Review: I created our profile in July, so I needed to go back to check it all and familiarize myself with things again. I wanted to double check things like my work history and things. One thing I am uncertain about: The hours I put in for each job: I put it in as 45 hours per week for most of my jobs. Looking back, I should have probably put in 40...not sure? I work long hours and have for the last few years. Always working over time. I have about 10 years of work experience, so it does not affect the number of years worked. Any idea how to handle this? If I get the proof of employment letters to state the same, then obviously no problem, but what if they differ? Can I still change this in my profile?

I also see I added work history from 2004 and 2003 - that is more than 10 years ago - do I need to get letters for these?

We received out ITA sooner than expected...I had planned to review and assess it again, but then voila, ITA popped up  unexpectedly on 1 March

Annasofe13

@broken1 Have you had an update on your profile as yet?

GerdaT

No... I'm managing my stress levels by only expecting Medical Passed by 21 March... :blink: 

Really having trouble thinking about any thing else though!

You?

Annasofe13

@GerdaT I am on the same page as you, trying to keep my mind busy, but can't help myself. We submitted three days before you did, just want to make sure we are not left behind. 

GerdaT

Hehehe... Apologies, only later saw you weren't asking me.

Annasofe13

Lol, no problem, alway nice to hear everyone's story^_^

• Like 1

broken1
17 hours ago, Annasofe13 said:

@broken1 Have you had an update on your profile as yet?

@Annasofe13 Nope. No updates to our profile either. Waiting waiting waiting. I think the delay is that there are so many more applicants now (at least that's what I tell myself!) 

broken1

Woohoo. First update for us. Medicals passed :) 

• Like 10

Ydean Hartzenberg

Submitted our application yesterday and also received AOR.  Stoked, nervous, excited, anxious and wanting to get things going.

• Like 6

Annasofe13

Congratz @broken1! Great to hear about progress made

• Like 2

Ydean Hartzenberg

Thank you Annasofe13.  Frustrating the wait.  I suck at waiting.  Not in my nature.  I guess its a virtue I'll just have to practice.  Have you had any feedback?

• Like 1

GerdaT

I'm also struggling with the wait!??

• Like 1

Annasofe13

Hello everyone, nope still waiting to hear about our medicals, trust we will hear something by the end of next week. My husband and I have a lot going on with friends and family so we keeping busy, it helps with not thinking about the wait.

LaurenW

My husband and I submitted on on 28 Feb and got word on 2nd March that our medicals were submitted with an A rating. So we should pass our medicals without any problems. 

To date we had a small change after the CIC portal underwent maintenance but it did not fundamentally change the status and since then it has not changed at all and looks as below.

Has anybody else had feedback or have anything that looks different to ours?

Presentation1.jpg

• Like 1

Annasofe13

@LaurenW we submitted 17 February and we still waiting to hear about our medical results. Good luck!

• Like 1

GerdaT

@LaurenW, we submitted 20 Feb. Still no feedback - our application status is same as yours.

• Like 2

Charldr

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give an update on my process.

Aor 31 Jan
Meds passed 2 March

Haven't heard anything since. Screenshot of my application status below.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2