Sign in to follow this  
broken1

PR Application Submitted - February 2017 (Johannesburg to Toronto)

broken1

I have just clicked transmit and pay on our PR Application. Scary stuff. 

For some background, my wife and I were originally looking to relocate to the USA. I have a lot of family there (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins) that I am fairly close to and there were some reasonable job opportunities, however, even after trying for a couple of years could not secure a sponsorship for an H1B Visa. We have one set of cousins and an Aunt in Canada and it's close in proximity to our USA family so that became second choice. We visited Deanne Acres in February 2016 for an initial consultation and I went on a look-see-decide trip in April 2016 to see if it looked like somewhere we could live. I spent quite a bit of time there and the family we have showed me their typical lifestyle. It's quite strange that you decide you can live somewhere after being there for a week or so; kind of similar to how you buy a house after looking at it two or three times. 

We wrote the IETLS on the 10th of September and got the WES certification before that. We entered our express entry application in October/November 2016. 462 points. Looking at the history we were confident for the January call, as January 2016 had low numbers. We read the articles that Canada was looking for more immigrants and increasing the number of express entry applicants with each draw and were excited that our chance was coming. 

We received our ITA on January 11th 2017. With our police clearance already in hand and one or two job letters to secure, we booked our medicals and a mere 24 days later we have everything we need to submit. A little prayer, a click of a button, a few thousand Canadian dollars off my credit card. Here we go... 

I hope to be able to reply to this thread in the next few months with a successful application and in the mean time need to start thinking and planning on how we will do it when the time comes...

• Like 9

Ribsy

Wishing you good luck with the rest of the process. 

AnniePotts

Good luck with your application! 

GerdaT

Good luck @broken1! We are only waiting for our Police certificates and my son's unabridged birth certificate (4months since application), then we will also submit. The whole process fees like hurry-up-and-wait!

Just this morning I was wondering if we will ever reach the end.

• Like 1

LotzofTravel

We are about a week ahead of you, will be interesting to see what happens!!! Exciting times!

• Like 1

Druce

Well done to you guys that have submitted and to those still in the process of gathering docs for submission. Yes, it is a horror of a wait but definitely worthwhile!

Hang in there, I am rooting for all of you!

• Like 2

GerdaT

We just submitted our PR application, and immediately got the AOR email.

I'm over the moon!!

Now for the big wait... :whistling:

• Like 3

JoannaB

Congrats! Exciting times

Lets hope we can beat @Ribsy's processing time of 82 days!:ph34r:

Edited by JoannaB
Update
  • Like 1

GerdaT

Yep!! Also hoping for that! :D

• Like 1

Boptor

Hi Guys,

We are working through an immigration lawyer.

Our ITA was received in December 2016 and our application for PR was lodged on 16 January 2017.

Can you all keep us updated as to when your Or application is processed?  I am hanging on for a whole lot here hoping it comes soon.

I know they say 6 months but I see many are being done in 6-8 weeks?

PS  What is a PCC?

QueenOfHeartsZA
2 hours ago, Boptor said:

I know they say 6 months but I see many are being done in 6-8 weeks?

PS  What is a PCC?

I haven't heard of more than one person who got it that quickly. Who have you heard got it that quickly?

PPC is your police clearance certificate.

Boptor

I went onto a forum where people update their time frames and for the life of me cannot find it again :-( but there were about 4 that posted that theirs was processed in +-6-8 weeks..

Boptor

If you have a look at january 2017 myimmi tracker online you will note that some are being processed in under 50 days....

QueenOfHeartsZA

@Boptor I wonder what their personal situations were? Size of family, had a provincial nomination work permit too? Thank you for sharing 

Edited by QueenOfHeartsZA

Boptor

iF YOU HAVE A LOOK ON THE WEBSITE MOST OF THE INFO IS ON THERE - DATE THEY RECEIVED CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT - HOW MANY DEPENDENTS ETC...

QueenOfHeartsZA

I would appreciate not being shouted at. Most of them have family numbers absent. And yes I did see the rest was there. I posted that reply while I waited for my computer to turn on as it's not possible to view the info on the small screen of my phone. Now pull yourself towards your self and find your manners

Edited by QueenOfHeartsZA
  • Like 1

Nelline

QOHZA I seriously think the post was written with "caps lock" on - the fact that the first letter in the post was in lower case confirms this. I don't think he/she meant to "shout" 

My best advice is to breathe deeply - this journey "tries" us in so many ways... you're going to be ok! 

• Like 2

Boptor

Lol thanks Nelini, was a quick response and not intended for you to take as being shouted at... simply a punctuation oversight. 

• Like 1

broken1

We are a family of 4- 2 Adults and 2 Children (1 and 3). 

We haven't seen any update to our application since AOR (about 3 weeks now if I'm not mistaken) 

Just a waiting game. Wait wait wait 

GerdaT

Wow! Thanks for sharing the Immi tracker site... first time I've seen it. 

GerdaT

@Boptor, do you know whats the difference between FSW-inland and outland?

Boptor

I'm afraid not. But it could possibly be the two separate pools? Provincial nominee or federal skill / trades workers? 

MaryJane

FSW inland is an application made by someone who is already in Canada. Outland is from someone outside of Canada.

• Like 2

Boptor

That makes sense. Thanks MJ

Sparky6

FSW - Federal skilled worker, inland inside Canada, Outland anywhere other than Canada