Sign in to follow this  
GerdaT

Current average timeline from AOR to PPR

GerdaT

Just out of curiosity...

What is the average timeline from AOR until PPR lately?

MaryJane

@GerdaT

Most of the new applicants are in this thread - 

The last PPR I found was in these comments: 3 months....

On 2016-12-05 at 9:21 AM, Shado said:

I'm Sep 11 AOR and got PPR this morning :D:D:D:D....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2016-12-05 at 9:52 AM, Ribsy said:

@Shado, @StuartCT and @Sparky6, well done and heartfelt congratulations.  Must admit that I'm just a touch jealous :mellow:

So that means approximately 3 months from AOR to PPR. 

So PPR received signifies Passport Request? Does this mean that you have been requested to hand your passports into Canadian Embassy in Pretoria?  Any idea on timelines from this point? 

• Like 1

Sparky6

Hi @MaryJane and @GerdaT, please note that we had a PNP from Atlantic Canada ( New Brunswick).  We also had no hiccups during our application process.  We had a schedule A request, but that was it really. We also did our application by ourselves and had all documentation ready thanks to requiring most of them during the province nomination process.   From what I can tell most people had to wait the full 6 months and some can take even longer due to certain criteria ( big families, medical issues, proof of funds, taking long when additional documents get requested, documents expiring during the application process, background checks taking long - CIC isn't really in control of this timeline as it is outsourced to the relevant departments like interpol, FBI etc, also the provinces tend to do a lot of the security checks themselves during the province nomination as far as I can tell so it shortens the process sometimes, etc) Hope this helps.

Edited by Sparky6
  • Like 1

AnniePotts

Hi, is the processing time shorter for applicants with a Provincial Nomination?

Excuse my ignorance but what are Schedule A and PNC requests?

Sparky6

PNP is a Province Nomination. Schedule A is the form they request once you have submitted your application and you either answered yes to one of the Statutory Questions or they want clarification on some of you bio information, as far as I know.  My schedule A request was because I answered yes on one of the statutory questions.

• Like 1