Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Provincial Nomination Programs 2017

MaryJane

Shall we start 2017 off even though most are still waiting for their 2017 allocations?

Alberta - AINP streams seem to require job offers for applications - applications are mailed.

British Columbia - Skills Immigration and EE BC streams - have own provincial ITA draw system - need registration to be invited to apply - currently mostly accepting applicants who are in the health care industry.

Manitoba - have own provincial EOI and ITA draw system - need to register EOI to be invited to apply - no need for a job offer but require applicant to have strong ties in Manitoba.

New Brunswick - Express Entry New Brunswick Labour Market Stream (EE NBLMS) - have own provincial ITA draw system - need to submit EOI to be invited to apply - no job offer required but applicants require to either have connection in NB or attended an NBPNP info session.

Newfoundland and Labrador - applicants need job offers or be a Canadian graduate.

Northwest Territories - applicants require job offers from prospective employer.

Nova Scotia - NS Demand Express Entry stream - paper application - does not require job offer to apply but need to be in one of NS target occupations.

Ontario - Human Capital Category - need to be invited to be able to submit an application - possible online system in future - does not require a job offer but applicants do need to have CRS score of 400 and above at all times during the application process.

PEI - need to submit EOI - application forms must be emailed - no job offer required.

Saskatchewan - SINP InDemand and SINP EE streams - online applications - no job offer required but there is a list of eligible professions. Tendency to open and close with availability during the year, you have to be on top of your game if you are considering SINP because you have to be able to apply in a moment's notice.

Yukon - job offer required for application.

Quebec - Regular Skilled Workers Program - may only apply on specified dates - online application - no job offer required.

Just a note that this thread does not cover ALL but rather some of the PNP programs. This is just a summarized version. We normally discuss the ones where you can still get nomination even without a job offer or being physically here in Canada (because those seem to be the popular ones). The province with the blue highlights have programs that do not require job offers and/or LMIA. 

If you are interested in any particular PNP stream, do make sure to triple check the requirements to see if you meet them all.

Please add to this if there are misleading information.

Contact the provinces - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Quebec - http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/

• Like 6

Ydean Hartzenberg

Thanks MJ.

Helpful stuff.  With recent development in terms of points awarded in the EE system, having a nomination from any of these programs is golden.

Yours,

Sharma

MarryJane you are a star. :-)

sueannejoe

Thanks so much for this @MaryJane:D

Druce

Can always count on @MaryJane to share important information like this, helping a whole bunch of people!

Nelline
16 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Anybody interested in PEI PNP? EOI can be sent anytime. No guarantees on response time though...

PEI PNP Express Entry stream.

http://www.gov.pe.ca/immigration/index.php3?number=1052516&lang=E

I know they don't have an official "list of occupations" but my gut feel is that they do hand-pick their candidates. The ones who don't make the cut just never get a response. Having said that a friend of mine (she is on this forum) recently applied and got a response almost straight away! She's submitted the full application and payment and is waiting for the final Nomination to be issued. So we know there's some movement there

• Like 2

FaithFUL
On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:25 AM, MaryJane said:

Can't catch a break with this... NBPNP notifies about processing delays....

Story here - http://www.canadavisa.com/news/new-brunswick-processing-delays-provincial-nominee-program.html

CRYING MY HEART OUT :cry:

NBPNP also only accepting first priority EOI's for now:

Eligibility Criteria

Important information on EOIs

The NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market stream is temporarily only accepting Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from individuals with a connection to New Brunswick such as the following:

• Job offer in New Brunswick
  • Working in New Brunswick
  • Post-secondary education in New Brunswick
  • Relatives in New Brunswick
  • French as their first language which is backed by their Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) certificate:
    • This cannot be the TEF for Quebec (TEFAQ)
    • The results must be at least at the Canada Language Benchmark level 7 for all four skills

Painter lady

That's a pity.  New Brunswick looks like a lovely place to settle. If there were any way for us to apply, we would jump at the opportunity. 

FaithFUL
4 hours ago, Painter lady said:

That's a pity.  New Brunswick looks like a lovely place to settle. If there were any way for us to apply, we would jump at the opportunity. 

We were really hoping for NBPNP as we're priority 2 & have submitted our EOI in Dec & again in now in Jan. My heart is sore & my eyes have leaked a lot today. Canada will happen for us one day.

• Like 1

Painter lady

Hang in there @FaithFUL. The right thing will happen at the right time. 

• Like 1

Dragyn
On 1/19/2017 at 5:32 PM, Nelline said:

I know they don't have an official "list of occupations" but my gut feel is that they do hand-pick their candidates. The ones who don't make the cut just never get a response. Having said that a friend of mine (she is on this forum) recently applied and got a response almost straight away! She's submitted the full application and payment and is waiting for the final Nomination to be issued. So we know there's some movement there

HI Nelline. You helped her with her "why would you like to move to PEI", if I recall properly. Any chance you could give us an outline of what kind of stuff to put in?

• Like 1

Nelline
48 minutes ago, Dragyn said:

HI Nelline. You helped her with her "why would you like to move to PEI", if I recall properly. Any chance you could give us an outline of what kind of stuff to put in?

I'll pm you

• Like 1

MaryJane

Seemed like SINP EE opened and closed within 5 hours yesterday (Valentines Day) with 500 spots.

These windows are getting a little bit crazy. They close before you can even announce that they've opened. :o

Marcola

@maryjane how do we even know when they open?

Qrios1
8 minutes ago, Marcola said:

@maryjane how do we even know when they open?

Check the provincial sites on a DAILY basis. You have to be ready as spots fill up quickly and is nowadays that golden ticket to get in

Marcola

Ok as of today I will do so! Im on 400 points so we neeeeed this:(

graciax452
2 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Seemed like SINP EE opened and closed within 5 hours yesterday (Valentines Day) with 500 spots.

These windows are getting a little bit crazy. They close before you can even announce that they've opened. :o

NO NO NO NO missed it!  I have all my stuff ready.. checked in the morning and early afternoon it was closed then! when did it open??:o:cry::cry:. The page is even my homepage every-time i open my computer i see it... HOW DID I MISS IT??? :cry::cry::cry: this time difference probably killed me sigh:blink::angry:

MaryJane

Looks like it may have been around 3pm EST or earlier. 7 hours behind so that would mean it opened around 10pm SA time?

• Like 1

MaryJane

OINP EE Human Capital Priorities stream is coming back next week!!! Be ready, guys! February 21, set your clocks!

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/ontario-reopen-popular-immigration-streams-next-week.html

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

• Like 4

MaryJane

An update on SINP EE and Occupations in Demand streams: as of April 1, 2017, they now come with a mandatory fee of $300. The notice is up here (for SINP OiD) and here (for SINP EE). The streams remain closed for now.

MaryJane

Looks like Manitoba PNP (MPNP) is changing its immigration strategy soon. Manitoba spoke about some changes that will be happening around April 2017 (1 day to go). One such change is to start charging a non-refundable application fee to applicants coming through on MPNP Skilled Workers route. The fee is set at $500.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/manitoba-immigration-strategy-2017-beyond-128762.html

MaryJane

So I was reading through the NBPNP info sessions and stumbled on an info session in June for IBM JOBS in New Brunswick. http://livinginnb.ca

I have not delved deeper so I'm not really sure where this session is being held. It looked promising though. IBM jobs would mean that IBM is looking. I doubt that the "looking" is concentrated in the NB area only. They must be looking globally as well. If you are interested and qualify for any IBM jobs, why not take the initiative and write and see?

Just throwing it out there and leaving it for someone to take that step, should it lead somewhere.

Email promotions@gnb.ca if you want to know more about the info session.

I'll do a separate write-up re: IT jobs in New Brunswick.

Tanya Kruger

This is soo helpfull thanks... We have had bad luck with this immigration process, our agent said we will be over 440 easily and after all our things we are on 381. My husband lost 57 points due to the fact that he had 7.5 for listening instead om 8. He is redoing his test this weekend. 

We were hoping to go through provinces but saw mostly all needed job offers or family, and I only have indirect family in Calgary. 

Felt almost impossible as need job permit to get a job and a job to get a permit or try the PNP's. 

My husband is on the shortage list A, B and O as he is a manager and external Auditor. 

Will go look indetail again. Anyeay I could email for advise, all of this is so confusing, feels like I need a Book for Dummies lol