Sign in to follow this  
Nala

Express Entry Draws 2017

Nala

Help!!!

First draw for 2017 seems to have resulted in invites for all scores 468 and above .... including me :D Im at a bit of a loss though - having submitted my profile almost exactly a year ago ... I have since moved on with my life and naturally the idea of moving to Canada became a distant maybe ..... in the very far future. The invitation came as a huge surprise. :huh: 

It would seem that a change in November resulted in increased scores for education???? Anyone else on this forum included in the first lot of 2017 invites??  

• Like 3

Douger

Congratulations! :-)

QueenOfHeartsZA

@NalaHave you received the invite or just know the score selected?

Edited by QueenOfHeartsZA

MaryJane

Congratulations, @Nala! All the best with the rest of the application.

The first draw for 2017 had 2,902 invitees so it's quite a big net of applicants. I'm sure there are some others who have been invited too so we'll wait for them to join in the thread here. ;)

On second thought, we might have to create a new thread with "Express Entry 2017" Let me move these comments.....

• Like 1

QueenOfHeartsZA
3 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

I'm sure there are some others who have been invited too so we'll wait for them to join in the thread here. ;)

We are 470. No message yet. Biting nails ✊

MaryJane
3 minutes ago, QueenOfHeartsZA said:

We are 470. No message yet. Biting nails ✊

How about checking your EE profile? Maybe it's there already? Pardon me if I sound excited. ;)

QueenOfHeartsZA

@MaryJane

No pardon needed. I'm dying here, I'm so excited but then worried I shouldn't be . My husband checked. No update. 

00:31:We just got the email says check our profile. Eeeeek

Edited by QueenOfHeartsZA
Profile updated
  • Like 6

JoannaB

I have also received our ITA with this first draw of 2017. Can't say how relieved we are, we have been "swimming" in the pool since July 2015 and our arms are really tired now. 

Thanks to everyone who provides information and support I know that it will become truly invaluable in the coming months.

Look forward to chatting to you all as we all progress through this very exciting journey.

• Like 6

MaryJane
9 minutes ago, JoannaB said:

I have also received our ITA with this first draw of 2017. Can't say how relieved we are, we have been "swimming" in the pool since July 2015 and our arms are really tired now. 

:lol: Well, you must've taken Dory's advice.... ;)

dory.jpg

• Like 2

GerdaT

Hi all!

This is my first post on the forum. We also received our ITA this morning. Very excited!!:D

• Like 6

JoannaB

you have no idea @MaryJane Dory has been my inspiration for the past year and a half :P Sometimes I have even adopted her amnesia, especially when remembering how long this process has taken

• Like 2

zandekock

Congrats to all who receive ITA, 2017 off to a great start :)

graciax452

Wow people, hadn't reviewed my EE application after the changes, no ITA yet but my score went up to 444, so fingers crossed, thumbs pressed, maybe in the next round or two :) 

• Like 4

MaryJane

Jan 11, 2017 - 3,334 invitees for score of 459 and over. Get ready, peeps! This might be the year...

• Like 7

broken1
5 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Jan 11, 2017 - 3,334 invitees for score of 459 and over. Get ready, peeps! This might be the year...

Also got an ITA...462 points. Been in the pool since October 2016 so really a short wait for us. 

Quite nervous for the application process as we  have a lot riding on this.

• Like 4

zandekock

Congrats congrats congrats to all who received ITA last night and best of luck to those waiting for it to drop a little more, its happening :)

• Like 1

AdeleDBN

So much excitement !!!

Congratulations to all that received ITAs!  

Hopefully we are next :) 

• Like 2

LaurenW

We got our ITA last night (whoohooo!)

Just a quick question for booking the Medical they asking for some unique identifier does anybody know what this is? Do you get it once you have finalised the questions to get your personal checklist? 

Thanks, 

Lauren

• Like 1

Nico_Nortje

I have the same issue and tried to make contact with CIC. As yet no feedback yet. The medical practice is also asking for an IME number - any idea what this is? 

GerdaT

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 11:22 PM, Sparky6 said:

You get it done at Chris Barnard memorial. You phone and make an appointment, it's usually a two week wait. Take your passport with and the letter from cic requesting the medical. I can't remember everything but it's a long process, you have to go to the doctor, then to pathcare for blood tests and then to X-rays.  Ours took nearly half the day.  The UMI is the number that will be in the paper you get from the doctor to prove that you have been for the medical.  

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎07 at 0:01 AM, Qrios1 said:

We did our medicals in Cape Town. Easy peazy. Make the appointment and they send you a confirmation with all the things you need to bring with. We took with passports as well as ID photos for them to scan on the proof of medical. They give you back the document for you to upload as it has the UMI on it. Maybe after a week check with doctors that all was well and sent off. I had an issue with my one daughter's medical where dear doc didn't upload it on e-medical. Everything is electronic from the docs side.  Maybe search on the forum for "medical Cape Town" and you will find quite a detailed post there where I shared some tips (as well as others) I followed it to the T so knew exactly what to expect. Good luck. 

Answers from Post - Silly Questions

http://www.sacanada.org/topic/20893-silly-questions-after-ita/#comment-165654

Hope it helps

• Like 1

Nico_Nortje

Thank you for the feedback. We have not received any documents from CIC regarding to go for a medical other than an UPLOAD button where we need to submit our results of the medical on the CIC portal where we had to upload our police clearance as well. 

Can I take that one makes an appointment here in CPT, take the ITA letter with the EE number on, passports, photos and viola

JoannaB

Medical question: what do they consider "recent"? We have to take any medical reports or test results from recent operations, does this mean the last year, the last 10 years or the last 30 years?:wacko:

tarinerk

Hi @Nico_Nortje

Yes that is what you do. The medical practoce will tell you exactly what you need to bring. 

@JoannaBIt depends from practice to practice. Phone them and ask, they will be the beat to tell you  

Good luck to all.

• Like 1

JoannaB

Many thanks @tarinerk. That is exactly what I did, and they were super helpful!

How it was explained to me was if there is any medical condition that could be a drain Canada economically then a report needs to be provided, like a heart condition - a report stating the exact condition, medication, prognosis etc, just to prove that you probably won't need a triple bypass the moment you arrive in Canada. Also that any pre-existing conditions will not prevent you from working once you arrive in Canada, and that you will be able to contribute to the economy.

• Like 1

hdub07

There have been two draws this year. 

4 January had 2902 invitations for 468 points or more.

11 January has 3338 invitations for 459 points or more. :D

Sorry, I should also introduce myself. Long time lurker. I've been in a relationship with a Canadian woman for close on 5 years now, and I'm looking at the Express Entry option to get into Canada (rather than going the spouse route).

Edited by hdub07