Sign in to follow this  
louisrdev

Question about passport requests

louisrdev

So a funny thing happened today. I applied for a work permit for myself, and visitors visas for the family on the 29th of October. Today I got a bunch of messages on my CIC account. The first set was medical requests for all of us. The second set was PCC requests for me and my wife, and the last set a couple of minutes later was passport requests for all of us, stating the following: This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

So now I am a bit confused, and I am sure something went wrong here. How can they finalise the decision a couple of minutes after asking for medical examinations and PCC. Just to complicate matters a bit more, I received a passport request for a visitors visa for only myself to visit Canada and my future employers about an hour before all these others came through. Do you think it is possible that they somehow got all the applications mixed up and sent passport requests for all of them. I am thinking of submitting all passports with request letters tomorrow and to see what happens. On the other hand, I don't feel like paying the VFS Global fees, only to get all passports sent back to me when they realise they made a mistake.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

M-N

That is interesting. Did you do a paper based application or online.  We did a paper based application and we submitted everything in one go.  Medicals, PCC and Passports so it's not that uncommon.  As to their motive, I can't really comment on that.  

louisrdev

I applied online and I did not submit medical examinations or PCC previously. So I am fairly sure something went wrong here.

I went ahead and submitted our passports at VFS GLobal this morning, and will wait and see what happens. The guy I dealt with at VFS did not pick up anything funny, except the fact that my work permit application passport request came in less than a month where it usually takes about 16 - 20 weeks. So now I will wait the 3-5 days and see what comes back.

Shado
15 hours ago, louisrdev said:

So a funny thing happened today. I applied for a work permit for myself, and visitors visas for the family on the 29th of October. Today I got a bunch of messages on my CIC account. The first set was medical requests for all of us. The second set was PCC requests for me and my wife, and the last set a couple of minutes later was passport requests for all of us, stating the following: This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

So now I am a bit confused, and I am sure something went wrong here. How can they finalise the decision a couple of minutes after asking for medical examinations and PCC. Just to complicate matters a bit more, I received a passport request for a visitors visa for only myself to visit Canada and my future employers about an hour before all these others came through. Do you think it is possible that they somehow got all the applications mixed up and sent passport requests for all of them. I am thinking of submitting all passports with request letters tomorrow and to see what happens. On the other hand, I don't feel like paying the VFS Global fees, only to get all passports sent back to me when they realise they made a mistake.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hm.... I won't be surprised. 

My wife applied study visa few months ago and got a medical request form asking to do medicals (even though we did already upfront and submitted online). Another request to submit renewed admission letter. All these requests came together with Passport request and a letter stating, failure to submit the required documents, a decision will be made according to the existing documents we have. She uploaded her old admission letter by mistake instead of new one, and uploaded a LOE. 

But she send her passport only via VFS, and it came back with a visa in it, without any queries or delay. 

Hencolinde

I need a bit of guidance regarding the submitting of passports to VFS. As I understand we have to submit the following.

1. passports - Check

2. 2 photos for each applicant - Check

3. Proof of payment for the passport fees to VFS - Check

4. Passport request letter and filled in Annex A - Check

5. A VAC consent form - I downloaded a consent form from the VFS website. Is that what they are talking about?

If there is anything else that I have missed, please indicate. Thanks in advance.