reshie108

Car seats on landing

M-N
2 hours ago, Lizelle said:

Maybe. It is not the culture in Canada to keep kids rear-facing any longer than they absolutely have to. This is a new recommendation

My experience has been the opposite.  I'm on quite a few mom groups and they all agree that they're keeping their littles rear facing as long as possible.  Only reason I know why some don't is a) their littles are too tall for it or b) heavy car sickness and this is usually on recommendation of the doctor.  

Canadian health is definitely pushing for 2+ years. I was taught that in my prenatal class. 

Sorry @MargueriteE, I fear we may have digressed a bit, lol.  Anywho, I would honestly just reach out to the owners of the Facebook group. They are the professionals, not me.  :) 

Edited by M-N

Nelline

Personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry. We can "pfft" all we want to but safety recommendations are there for a reason. Keep them rear-facing as long as possible. And drive safely out there.

• Like 2

JohanR
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Nelline said:

Personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry. We can "pfft" all we want to but safety recommendations are there for a reason. Keep them rear-facing as long as possible. And drive safely out there.

Absolutely agree with you Nelline.

The one thing I found here is that kids safety is of the highest importance items to the government. Quite evident by the $2000 fine if you pass a school bus when stopped/lights flashing and the 40 Km per hour speed in a school zone. Many a day when I dropped my daughter off at school there would be a police cruiser around. 

JohanR

So this morning in Burlington, Halton police stopped motorists and conducted child car seat inspections.

Shared on Halton Police Twitter.