Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Significant CRS Changes Coming November 19

MaryJane

Change is coming November 19, 2016....

Read here for the details: http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

The following changes are notable for job offers:

• A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.
  • A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.
  • there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA)

The following changes are notable for Canadian education:

• 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
  • 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and
  • 30 points, if the foreign national has either:
    • an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.

Changes to ITA submission deadline:

• Candidates will now have 90 days to submit an application after they receive an ITA.
  • Like 5

Ominous_Hashtag

Maybe too early to say for sure but this appears to be good news. Candidates without job offers should be more competitive from now on.

Painter lady

I'm not sure I understand correctly. Does that mean no LMIA would be needed from now on? 

LeeVW

Oh.. I dunno what.. where this stands for us now

We are busy with the LMIA.. Being a Trade person.. we could not get into the EE pool cause of points too low.. 

SO whats this mean now to us??? we still wont get into the pool even though we have a Written and signed Job offer.. and the LMIA is gonna give us 50 points.. wich means absolutley nothing. in helping you get PR??

I dont know whether to sit and cry now. as we been at this for sooo long. and then we finally get the job offer. .after all the hard work.. then BOOOOOOMMMMMM

• Like 1

Druce

It is not all doom and gloom and BOOOOOOMMMMMM @LeeVW, I am sure you will still qualify!

LeeVW
3 minutes ago, Druce said:

It is not all doom and gloom and BOOOOOOMMMMMM @LeeVW, I am sure you will still qualify!

I Dunno hey.. few of us in same position are looking for more info.. and cant find it.. mailed the lawyers.. wait to hear. but public holiday .. so might only hear next week.. 

Im just really not sure cause Tradesman wont get more than 50 points.. we dont fall into the 00 category.. 

Ill wait to see what we can find.. PS.. was there any warning about this??? 

Edited by LeeVW
  • Like 1

Marcola

Does this mean we cannot get points for study outside Canada :o

Painter lady
57 minutes ago, Marcola said:

Does this mean we cannot get points for study outside Canada :o

I'm sure that stays the same

MaryJane

Before panic mode sets in.....

For the job offer + LMIA situation, it looks like it is going to be either 50 or 200 initially. There seems to be points awarded for LMIA but "how much" is not clearly stated on the article ("points will continue to be awarded to individuals with new or existing LMIA")

For the studies, the points provided are extra additional points for individuals who have Canadian studies under their belt too. It does not affect the points that are already given for foreign studies.

MaryJane
3 hours ago, LeeVW said:

Ill wait to see what we can find.. PS.. was there any warning about this??? 

For a couple of months now, actually. The one about Canadian studies especially. It was just not clear though what steps and changes were going to happen since it was still being formulated at the time.

There are expected changes to the citizenship rules too but nothing has been confirmed with a date yet.

Marcola

Ah ok. The new CRS Calculator must be wrong then. It does say it is the Beta version. 

CarelG
4 hours ago, Marcola said:

Ah ok. The new CRS Calculator must be wrong then. It does say it is the Beta version. 

Yes, it doesn't seem to score spousal language proficiency....stayed 0 even when populated (should have been 20). Will probably be sorted out in testing. 

MrO

@LeeVW If you have a job offer, you could try the provincial nomination route. Then you'd get the 600 pts again?

• Like 1

Lizelle

LeeVW, it is not all doom and gloom.  Even if it ends up being the case that you do not receive enough points for EE that does not negate the job offer.  You can still come and work in Canada, it is simply a bit more restricted for a while.  I believe Canada work experience counts for a fair bit on the points, so you can apply as soon as you have enough EE points.

• Like 1

graciax452

The consequences for candidates in the pool

On November 19, IRCC will automatically implement these changes for profiles already in the Express Entry pool. In many cases, candidates may notice that the number of CRS points awarded to them has not gone up. However, candidates without a job offer in particular should note that their profile — even though it may state the same number of points as before — may become more competitive, particularly next to candidates with LMIA-based job offers who see their scores dropping by up to 550 points.

The Express Entry pool is a competitive environment, where candidates’ profiles are ranked against each other and the highest-ranked candidates are in a stronger position to receive an ITA when a draw is made. As of November 19, the value of a job offer will go down from 600 points to either 200 or 50 points (depending on the position offered).

IRCC’s year-end Express Entry report for 2015, released earlier this year, showed that of the 31,063 ITAs issued last year, 14,465 (46.6%) of those were issued to candidates who had a job offer supported by a LMIA. Consequently, the effect of the most recent changes to the CRS could sigificantly change the make-up of the pool and the rate of candidates with a job offer who go on to receive an ITA. Although candidates with a job offer will continue to be awarded a significant number of points (50 or 200, depending on the position), candidates without a job offer may see their chances of success improving.

I'ma all for my chances improving :)

QueenOfHeartsZA

I really don't anticipate the job points effecting the pool very much unless I underestimate how many people get work permits.