Sign in to follow this  
Jaco M

Six month mark EE PR

Jaco M

Hi everyone,

So today is the 6-month mark after submitting my PR application via EE. Was wondering how many people - if any - waited longer than 6 months for the final decision on their applications? I heard the CIC website had trouble handling the traffic load after the US election results. Don't know how true this is, but hopefully, it doesn't delay my application. I'm really keen to kickstart this adventure and hope to receive good news soon.

Thanks for all the friendly help I have received on this  forum.

Jaco

Nelline

Ours was just under 6 months from ITA (27 Feb) to Completion ("landed" 29 Aug) , 5 months from submission (on 23 April) - but we submitted from within Canada which I suspect makes a difference. 

Gracie

Our application is 8 months and 6 days as of today. Still hoping we get the PPR this month. I thinks my best advice is to keep praying that it doesn't take longer than necessary. The 6 months processing time is just an average for all applications. I wish you and those of us waiting, good news soon.

Jaco M

Thanks for the indications @Nelline and @Gracie

tarinerk

Hi @Jaco M

We waited 8 months and 4 days for our PR to be approved. Have you ordered GCMS notes? If you have the notes you will be able to see where your file is. If it is in Pretoria, GOOD LUCK! They have a back log and it can take some time. Sit tight, it's all you can do. I know you don't want to hear this, but it will be approved some time or another.

Good luck to all those still waiting. @Gracie

• Like 1

Jaco M

Hi @tarinerk, thank you for the reply. I have absolutely no idea what  GCMS is. Could you perhaps elaborate? I'll do a Google search when I'm back in civilisation. The Internet is rather terrible in Simonstown. I received an e-mail stating that my application has been updated after creating this thread, but when I'm lucky enough to log in I can't see any changes. I'm wondering if my changes actually made it to server with the Americans flooding to the site. 

tarinerk

Hi @Jaco M

Gcms notes are notes you can order and it gives you info on your visa file. It tells you what they have done on your application and which visa offixe is processing your file. If you have family or friends in Canada they can order it for you. Or you can use an agency to do it, like visafile.info.

If you get an email and can't see any changes, it's called a ghost mail. It means they are working on your file. 

Good luck ? 

Edited by tarinerk

Jaco M

@tarinerk thank you so much for the information. I appreciate you taking the time. 

• Like 1

Jaco M

Received an e-mail yesterday that I need to send in my passport to get the visa :D Does anybody know of a good place to take the required photos in Pretoria?

Edited by Jaco M
  • Like 2

Marelda
7 minutes ago, Jaco M said:

Received an e-mail yesterday that I need to send in my passport to get the visa :D Does anybody know of a good place to take the required photos in Pretoria?

I went to Foto First. They have an actual chart with info on the requirements for passport photos from different countries, including Canada :) which I thought that was very professional. 

Jaco M

@Marelda thank you very much for the information :)