Sign in to follow this  
LaurenW

Proof of Funds - Lawyers Trust

LaurenW

Hi All, 

So we are expecting to get an ITA in the next draw or at least in the next month or so as we are on 467 points. We have sold our house but are unsure if transfer will have gone through before the 60 days is up on an ITA if we get one. 

Does anybody have experience using an letter from the lawyers, bank statements and offer to purchase agreement showing the deposit (double the required proof of funds) already paid over to lawyers as a proof of funds? 

Other than the bond we have no debt... 

TIA

Lauren

Sharma

Hi LaurenW,

I am no expert in immigration and have not faced similar situation. It is important that I make it very clear.

From my understanding and reading of articles on the net, Canadian govt are reasonable people. If they see intent and that you have credible means of getting the funds (in your case you are in the process already), you should not really have any problem.

Make sure that you enclose all documentation :

1. Proof of transfer from the buyer to lawyer.

2. Letter from lawyer and any other documents that shows money was credited into the account.

3. Sale price of the property and the outstanding loan against it.

4. Include how many years you have been owning the property and proof repayment.

You should be fine. When we landed, they did not ask any document at all. Just Welcome home. :-)

And I do not think that Canadian law actually dictates you can only show bank statement or hard cash as proof of funds.

LaurenW

Okay great! That helps a lot to put my mind at ease.

I see you mention on landing though.... I know through EE they now ask you to show proof of funds with the application following your ITA before you get your PR. Thats really what I am concerned about.