Sign in to follow this  
MrO

Next ITA draw?

MrO

Hi, does anyone know when the next ITA draw is supposed to be? I was under the impression it was supposed to be yesterday (5 Oct), but there doesn't seem to be any news from CICs website about this? Slightly confused...:huh:

QueenOfHeartsZA

This was an email I received today

Express Entry 

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada did not do a draw on Wednesday October 5th, 2016. No reason or explanation was given. 

This is not the first time that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has deviated from their own schedule. The last such deviation occurred between the draws of Wednesday April 20th, 2016 and Friday May 6th, 2016. 

If Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada conducts a draw tomorrowFriday October 7th, 2016 you will be notified. There is no guarantee that they will. You will be notified once the next draw results are out. 

The longest that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has ever gone between draws has been four weeks back in 2015.

Kind regards,

Deanne Acres

Douger

I received LMIA and letter of appointment on Thursday (Yippee!), and hurriedly did the EE profile thing. All was well, and the next day received an email regarding a message. We had a look at the application, and it said "Not submitted". When you click on the "I'd like to continue application" bit, a message comes up saying:

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

This is still happening. So perhaps the website is undergoing planned maintenance, and this is why the draw has been delayed? I just hope that get the submitted thingy going before the draw - sort of trying every hour :-)

Nelline
7 hours ago, Douger said:

I received LMIA and letter of appointment on Thursday (Yippee!), and hurriedly did the EE profile thing. All was well, and the next day received an email regarding a message. We had a look at the application, and it said "Not submitted". When you click on the "I'd like to continue application" bit, a message comes up saying:

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.

Please try again later.

This is still happening. So perhaps the website is undergoing planned maintenance, and this is why the draw has been delayed? I just hope that get the submitted thingy going before the draw - sort of trying every hour :-)

If this keeps happening, try another browser. For example, if you're using Chrome, try Explorer etc. 

Douger

Tried Internet Explorer (normally use Chrome). Same result. My current feeling is maybe I have applied twice accidentally? There are two applications a couple of hours apart and one has been submitted with an application number assigned to it, and one is "continue application" without a number. We can access the one that has been submitted - it's the other one that looks like it is stalled. Here is a screen capture of the first screen - see anything odd?

Screen.jpg

Douger

Got an ITA! It didn't seem bothered aboot (practising...) the error message I panicked aboot (more practise...) earlier so all good here! Had 795 points, thanks to a LMIA and job offer.

• Like 6

Angiedoo
On 2016-10-08 at 6:56 PM, Nelline said:

If this keeps happening, try another browser. For example, if you're using Chrome, try Explorer etc. 

This happened when I did my extension. I tried every browser available but to no avail so I sent the paper application instead.

zandekock

@MrO how are keeping? How far are your applications going?

Wishing you everything of the best in the New Year and a successful one at that :)