Sign in to follow this  
kudu

Single application PPR, but getting married in 2 weeks !!

kudu

Hello there

I am lost in what to do. Perhaps someone can help me on this?

I submitted an application for express entry to Canada and received a passport request (PPR) yesterday evening.

I am the sole applicant. However, I am getting married in 2 weeks - we have known each other for 2.5 years.

My fiancé is not a member on the original express entry application.

How should I go about satisfying the landing requirements - and get my PR card? Can I gain port of entry to Canada after our wedding day? 

Michael

Gracie

Congratulations on the PPR and upcoming wedding. I remember someone from the Canada visa forum had similar case as yours. He got married after submission and had to send details of his spouse. I believe it turned out okay only got delayed. You could do same. I guess you have been given 30 days to provide passport and all other documents. So you could wait till after the wedding and include your wife's details, medicals and all. I suppose that you are actually required to let them know if there are changes in the family composition, this is same. It would also mean that you need to increase POF,get PCC and landing may be delayed. Perhaps your first step should be to make a call to CIC or send an email.

The other option is to land and do a sponsorship visa for your wife which takes really long (15 months). I however recommend contacting cic. It may not be as complicated as you think. All the best.