Sign in to follow this  
Angiedoo

BC PNP and EE

Angiedoo

Hi All,

I finally got invited to apply for BC PNP and I paid my fee today, I am now waiting for their decision.

I have an open EE profile that shows no PNP at this time.

The problem is my OWP expires 27 December 2016 and it could take 2-3 months for a decision to be made... should I wait for the decision or apply for a bridging OWP in the meantime or should I apply for that now while i wait for the BC PNP decision?

Nelline

You are within 4 months of your WP expiring personally I'd apply for a Bridging WP

• Like 2

Angiedoo

Thanks Nelline!

• Like 1

Angiedoo

Thought I would do the application online, day 2 and I cannot access it, keeps coming back with errors.

MissFrowz
On 9/20/2016 at 1:43 PM, Angiedoo said:

Hi All,

I finally got invited to apply for BC PNP and I paid my fee today, I am now waiting for their decision.

I have an open EE profile that shows no PNP at this time.

The problem is my OWP expires 27 December 2016 and it could take 2-3 months for a decision to be made... should I wait for the decision or apply for a bridging OWP in the meantime or should I apply for that now while i wait for the BC PNP decision?

@Angiedoo I know this is late, but I thought you can only apply for the bridging work permit once you have received you nomination and submitted your PR application to IRCC. On the IRCC website it says the following (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp):

When you submit your application, you must provide all supporting documents listed in your document checklist. You must also include a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter.

If you applied for permanent residence online through Express Entry, this letter is automatically sent to your account when we get your application.

If you applied outside of Express Entry, this letter is sent by the processing office after we verify that your application is complete.

If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must also include a copy of your nomination letter.

And also on the BC PNP website says you need a work permit support letter to apply for a bridging work permit, which they only issue after nomination. See page 72 of the guide here: https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14a55c84-1301-4959-8a5d-888785a2ac2a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.aspx

At the bottom of the IRCC website is specifically notes " If your permanent resident application is not complete, we will refuse your bridging open work permit application and will not refund your processing fees."

Unless I'm mistaken and you sent your work permit application after you received you nomination and applied for PR....

Angiedoo

All done wrong. I am going to have to redo everything.