Sign in to follow this  
Sparky6

PR Application Sep'16

Sparky6

Anybody who submitted and got an AOR in September? 

Edited by Sparky6
  • Like 1

Hencolinde

@Sparky6 ours are close. We submitted and received AOR in July?

Sparky6

Close enough, I dont really see a forum topic for the july - september period.  I see you guys are only just short of two months ahead of us.  Where did you go for your medicals if I may ask?

Hencolinde

This is the only topic for that period. We went to Chris Barnard Memorial hospital in cape town in longmarket street.

Sparky6

Oh we went there as well, we were fortunate in that someone cancelled and we were able to get the medicals done within a week of receiving our ITA.  Now for the long wait.  We were told by the medical office that they upload medicals within 7 days.  Im hoping for a quick response on that.  And ofcourse that there are no hiccups.  How many people in your application @Hencolinde? Its just my husband and I and he is the main applicant.

Hencolinde

We had to wait a bit to get our appointments. Seems like there is a very good market for immigration medicals. Yes now the inevitable wait. That will be the part of the process that I will miss the least. The waiting for something to move forward or for something to happen. I am the main applicant, then there is my wife and our little minion of 6. We did encounter a bit of a hiccup on my side with the medicals. They saw something resembling TB on my x-ray. I could have picked up the bacteria from my years spend on various construction sites. I have gone for some additional tests, still waiting for the results, and have started treatment in the meantime. The immigrations consultant did put us at ease in that she confirmed that TB does not result in a rejection, the process just takes a bit longer. As my wife would say. It will happen when it is suppose to, so now we wait. 

Sparky6

Hectic @Hencolinde, i hope your results are good and that you get a pass on that one.  My husband and I also dislike the wait... extremely so as we had to wait after our EOI to New Brunswick and then wait after the application, and then wait some more after we received the NBPNP, hopefully this is the last time we both have to wait.  We are hoping for a speedy reply though, but by the looks of things, the minimum processing time seems to be the 6 months ( can you say day 3 of 180? :( )  Crossing fingers for Christmas/New Years present ........ but we are looking at only March if it does take the full 6 months ( if we are lucky) , I see some forumites have waiting over 8 months already.

Painter lady

@Hencolinde I am really curious to know what could  be reasons for failing a medical. Can you imagine getting that far and then get rejected? I don't wish that on my worst enenmy!

Hencolinde

Thanks @Sparky6 at this stage we are holding thumbs, toes, index fingers, etc. I think it will work out in the end, it will delay the process though but hey if that is all it takes I will take it. I also think that because this is in effect the last major hurdle it feels extra long and frustrating. you just want to get the go-ahead so that you can start doing your planning and get yourself in the right frame of mind. At this stage you are almost there, but not quite and that makes it worse. 6 months takes us to Jan 2017. wow that is still a long way to go. At this stage if everything gets sorted out in the beginning of next year then we can make the ''groot trek'' in time for the school year to start in September so that the little one can start the new school in the beginning of the school year and not in the middle. But all this being said, we can only sit back and wait. Here's to Christmas presents and new year's good wishes. May all of our wishes dreams come true.  

Hencolinde

@Painter lady I think that because they test for specific illnesses(TB, HIV & syphilis), getting a positive result will result in a failed medical. That being said, it sounds that luckily the CIC do realise that having come this far in the process and the fact that we are all human after all and things do happen, it would be devastating to outright reject you. If you obviously sit back and do nothing from your side then eventually they will reject you, but it looks like if you jump through the hoops that they want you to then worst case scenario is that the process will take longer. I was close to losing my mind just because of the fact that we have come this far. I think Deanne deduced this from my 20 mails that I send her. She did a bit of research and came back to me saying that the process will just take a bit longer until everything is sorted out.  

• Like 1

Sparky6

@Hencolinde, Hear Hear, here's to Christmas / New years wishes, crossed toes and big dreams.  Besides look on the bright side, the silly season is coming up and that normally flies by so quick that before you know it there will be a COPR on your doorstep and white Christmas's waiting in your future.

• Like 3

Sparky6

Just got updated - Medicals passed! 

• Like 6

Hencolinde

@Sparky6 Happy Days are here !!! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Sparky6

So we got a Schedule A request last night which we submitted this morning, it was only a request for me (the spouse) because I said yes on one of the Stat questions.  They only requested I fill in the details section of the stat questions and sign the doc, but I filled in the entire first page, wrote "not applicable to the additional document request" on the rest on the pages and signed it.  I hope that will do for them.  Day 41 of 180 today, holding thumbs.

Hencolinde

@Sparky6 Well done. At least there is movement on your side. It keeps the spirit on a high.

• Like 1

Sparky6

Thanks @Hencolinde. Have you gotten any more news on your additional Medicals yet? They wait is agonizing, we freaked out just a little bit that there was some movement on our application with this request.

Hencolinde

@Sparky6 At this stage we are also just waiting for feedback from Canada. Everything on our side has been submitted, so now the wait. Hopefully with this movement on your side the wheels keep on turning. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Sparky6

Im sure @Hencolinde that things will only speed up from here.  We got movement on our application again today as it went from BG not started to not needed at this time.  Its not much, but any indication that they are working on the application makes me all excited.  Still hoping for a great Christmas present for us all :)

• Like 1

Hencolinde

@Sparky6 It might just be that you have to go and buy that bottle of bubbly for Christmas.

• Like 1

Sparky6

And you! If we get PPR I'm partying in my pj's for a week! Holding thumbs till then @Hencolinde.

• Like 1

Shado
On 03 September 2016 at 6:56 PM, Sparky6 said:

Anybody who submitted and got an AOR in September? 

Hello Sparky,

I am September 11 AOR. I was silently reading most of the posts here and especially this thread as I'm September PR applicant at Pretoria VO. I joined here a month ago and was waiting for moderators to activate my account. They just did it. My timeline is below:

eAPR Submit - 11-SEP-16
AOR             - 11-SEP-16
Medical Pass  - 15-SEP-16
Sch 4 and PNC request - 20-OCT-16. Submitted same day.

Now the long 6 month wait starts. 

Is is there anyone who got PPR in less than 5 months through Pretoria VO.?

Shado
On 05 September 2016 at 9:57 AM, Hencolinde said:

@Sparky6 ours are close. We submitted and received AOR in July?

Hi bro,

We chatted last week on skype. I finally got approved here.

Any news on your PR application?

• Like 1

Sparky6

Just an update, Background check went from "Not needed at this time" to "In Progress" today! First time though...  I hope PPR is on the way soon.

• Like 4

Druce

@Sparky6, we received PPR the same day our Background Check changed to In Progress - put that champagne on ice :santa:

Edited by Druce
wrong date
  • Like 3

Sparky6

@Druce wouldnt that be just amazeballs!!!!  We can only hold thumbs and hope to be that lucky.

• Like 1