Sign in to follow this  
Mauritz

Express Entry Question

Mauritz

Hi - I'm still very early in the process, have been doing research and consultations with immigration attorney, but before i go through the process i just wanted to check whether people with a score under 440 had been drawn out of the Pool?  And do you know whether people could be selected for Provincial programs even if their score is 'lower' than the 1000 people they select?

• Like 1

tarinerk

Hi @Mauritz

The lowest the score has gone since Jan 2015 is 450. I know Ontario invites people to submit an EOI if they have a score of more than 400, but this stream is closed at the moment and will probably only open at the end of the year. I am not sure how the other provinces go about inviting candidates.

Check each province and their requirements, it all depends on your occupation and work experience etc.

Good luck ? 

Nelline
2 hours ago, Mauritz said:

Hi - I'm still very early in the process, have been doing research and consultations with immigration attorney, but before i go through the process i just wanted to check whether people with a score under 440 had been drawn out of the Pool?  And do you know whether people could be selected for Provincial programs even if their score is 'lower' than the 1000 people they select?

Yup what @tarinerk said. I'll add that with a score of around 440 you stand a good chane at PNP so research the various provinces nomination programmes currently open thoroughly - @MaryJane posted a great thread on this recently. Also, with a score at 440 you can look into the various ways and means of elevating that score to go over the magic 450 mark or higher 

MaryJane

Welcome to the forum @Mauritz!

I agree with the posts above. 440 is a good score. Close enough but the draws have not gone down any lower than 450. Likelihood is high though if you read through a lot of the CIC news abound.

Here's a link to the page for PNP - http://www.sacanada.org/topic/20028-provincial-nominee-programs-2016/

There are links in that post that will take you to the different provinces as well if you are interested in any one of them. Good luck!

P.S. I've split your thread away from the General EE thread so that members can reply to your question in a more focused manner. :)

Mauritz

Thank you @tarinerk, @Nelline and @MaryJane, I'll go look for MaryJane's thread on elevating the score cause i could certainly benefit from that and will post all questions on a new thread :-)  Will also delve deeper into PNP and see what it offers.

Thanks again - you're all so helpful.

• Like 1

Timmie23
1 hour ago, Mauritz said:

Thank you @tarinerk, @Nelline and @MaryJane, I'll go look for MaryJane's thread on elevating the score cause i could certainly benefit from that and will post all questions on a new thread :-)  Will also delve deeper into PNP and see what it offers.

Thanks again - you're all so helpful.

According to some CIC rumours, the ITAs will increase from the current 750 - 780 per draw to around 2000+. Meaning your 440 score should be enough to get an ITA in Q4 2016. 
Please note though, that these are just rumours.

I've been keeping a very close eye on PNPs like SINP, NBPNP and NSPNP and they are completely different lately. 

Saskatchewan's seems to be the most active. I think they've opened the program 3 times in the last 2-3 months with 500 - 600 spots each time. However, they narrowed down their In Demand occupations so make sure you are in one of those occupations before applying.

New Brunswick's seems to be heavily aimed at people who attend their Information Sessions, and unfortunately it seems like the current time table is only in the Middle East and Egypt. There is a way to get an Invitation to apply to their PNP if you have an IT occupation. Best to go and check up on that list of occupations as well if that is the case. That requires an email with a completed form, your resume and a few other things. However, as it is only an email, there is no way to track the progress, and they also don't notify you if you didn't qualify. So it is a case of just sending it and waiting to see what happens.

Lastly Nova Scotia only sent out AORs for applications for their PNP application from 2015 recently. 

In my honest opinion, I'd say try your hand at a PNP if you qualify, but odds are pretty good based on the rumours that you'll probably end up getting an ITA from CIC before you'll get into a PNP. The PNPs just seem to be taking way too long and are extremely specific with occupations.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/

You can follow the latest Canada Visa PNP threads on the link above.