Sign in to follow this  
Onyx

How long do you wait for a PPR?

Onyx

Hey all,

I think I'm in the final stages of this long process, but something has happened and I don't know whether I should be nervous or not. I got my ITA on 13 Jan and sent my paperwork through 11 March (Police clearance FTL >.>). I got asked to pay my RPRF 27 April (most expensive birthday present of my life) and then, checking every so often as you do, I logged on on 4 June to see this: 

Application/profile status Closed Help
Review of eligibility Passed Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Provided Help
Scheduling an interview   Help
A background check is needed Complete Help
Final decision This application has been approved Help

So that was all the yay! Best news ever!

But, it's been about a week now and I haven't got my PPR Letter. In fact, I haven't gotten any messages of any kind. It didn't even flag me that they had updated my profile, I found it because I check obsessively. I have some big questions to answer at work so I know I have to have patience but my work life is bottle-necking. The supervisor at my job is leaving at the end of the month and I don't want to be there without her because I will be the last sucker left holding the bag. I want to leave about the same time as her, but I can't justify resigning if I don't have concrete proof that I'm into the last stages of emigrating.

To explain why I would need to justify resigning and to whom: I live with my parents at the moment. They pay 95% of my bills so I can save all the money I'm earning to take with me, on condition I am actually earning money. I can't become the unemployed layabout if I can't prove there is an end in sight. IE. I have resigned to sell up stuff, find work that side and book a ticket.  

So back to the main question: how long should it take for the PPR letter to come through? Anyone have any insights? Am I worrying for nothing or is this out of the ordinary? I worry because most people seem to have gotten the letter before their status changed.

On a different note because I'm going to will it to come through soon, my Police Clearance is going to run out in about two months, possibly before I leave.

Is it worth getting another one? Do I need a valid one when I land? 

Nelline

Firstly - congratulations! Have you checked the email address where they are sending notifications through to - is it possible they sent you something and it bounced back? We got an electronic letter i.e. a notification to check our MyCIC and we found the approval letter in there, it was not sent via post as far as I remember. I hadn't actually checked our profile for a while at the time so I'm not sure how long it took from going to "approved" to sending out the notification via email.

No, you don't need a valid PCC for when you land but if you're concerned just get it renewed for a nominal fee. 

• Like 1

Onyx

Thank you ^.^. I have been checking the email address as well and there wasn't a message there either. That's mostly why I'm getting nervous. 

tarinerk

Hi @Onyx

I would contact VFS global and/or the Canadian High commission and ask them what you should do. I know VFS global has direct access to the CHC and they are much faster to respond to any queries. Tell them what your profile says, give all your application numbers etc and I'm sure they will be able to give you an answer.  Good luck ? 

Edited by tarinerk
  • Like 3

reshie108

Hi @Onyx I would take @tarinerk advice and contact either VFS or CHC PTA. usually the application only says "closed" and "approved" after the passports have been issued with the visas in them. Good Luck. im sure it will all go well.

• Like 1

M-N

@Onyx I would try this link too to check:https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.235897217.168262654.1453142178 

I found with our application, the MyCIC and this link had two different statuses. I did receive my acceptance mail but haven't received any documentation.  It'll be worth checking out what this link says. 

Chances are your application is done but they need that one person to give their last stamp. :) 

Congrats, exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

kitty

hi, i just want to add that at the moment its taking pretoria office around 2-3weeks to bring back passport with visa on it. just so you know.

am not sure when you might receive the request to submit though. i had my last document request on the 2nd april. and on the 26 april, i received ppr. i applied through (FAM/spousal sponsorship)

good luck

Onyx

@tarinerk and @reshie108, I have taken your advice and tried to contact the High Commission. They don't exactly make this easy but I have sent out a few mails and hopefully something happens. @M-N I tried that link but every combination of number I input leads to the same place; that it cannot find my application number. I have had no luck at all with those official sites but if this CHC thing doesn't pan out I will try there. 

Either way I'm handing in my resignation tomorrow and hopping on this boat no matter where its going to. Thank you for the help all <3

tarinerk

Hi @Onyx

Did you try VFS global? They will be able to help you as well. When you submit your passport,  you must send it to them. They have direct access to the High Commission. Good luck ? 

M-N
1 hour ago, tarinerk said:

Hi @Onyx

Did you try VFS global? They will be able to help you as well. When you submit your passport,  you must send it to them. They have direct access to the High Commission. Good luck ? 

Hi I could be wrong but I don't think VFS global deals with any PR stuff.  That has to be done via CIC and PTA High Commission.  They only handle travel and work visas.   As far as I remember.  So I don't think they can help. :) 

Druce

I think you are right @M-N, if they could assist I would have know it by now :P

tarinerk

Hi @M-N

Isn't that where you submit your passports once you have PPR? I just thought maybe they will know something because @Onyx  status says the application has been approved.  Can't hurt to try. 

NostalgiaNut

Hi @Onyx Firstly, congratulations! I'm sure your PPR is on its way especially since your mycic shows as approved and closed. It is very possible that they closed your file but forgot to send the final email. I know at least 2 people over at the Canada visa forum who got approved but never received their PPR email until they contacted CIC themselves.

Secondly, how the heck did you get approved in such a short time? lol. Are you going thru PNP or direct FSW?

M-N
7 hours ago, tarinerk said:

Hi @M-N

Isn't that where you submit your passports once you have PPR? I just thought maybe they will know something because @Onyx  status says the application has been approved.  Can't hurt to try. 

I'm not too sure. I think you have to send it to the PTA High Commission, I may be mistaken.  We did ours while in Canada.  

Onyx

@tarinerk I won't lie, I struggle to navigate VFS global's website since your link was the first time I've ever been there. I think they help get you to Canada as well though from what I have read there.

@NostalgiaNut I am FSW class. I got an Expression of Interest from Ontario but I didn't respond to it. At the time I didn't have spare cash for the added cost of a PNP. Somewhere on this board I linked something I found from the website which was a description of exactly what the CIC wanted in the documents and sent them exactly what they asked for (which was admittedly not much overall). I just sent it in via the online and waited and so far it's been smooth sailing except for this hiccup with the letter.  

Another question to all: they say you have to wait 6 months before you contact them. Is that 6 months from the ITA or 6 months from when you send in all your documents? 

and another: it's coming up on the first Tuesday of the month. Should I go to the High Commission and ask them in person if my letter hasn't arrived by then? 

Edited by Onyx
linking names properly

NostalgiaNut
8 hours ago, Onyx said:

@tarinerk I won't lie, I struggle to navigate VFS global's website since your link was the first time I've ever been there. I think they help get you to Canada as well though from what I have read there.

@NostalgiaNut I am FSW class. I got an Expression of Interest from Ontario but I didn't respond to it. At the time I didn't have spare cash for the added cost of a PNP. Somewhere on this board I linked something I found from the website which was a description of exactly what the CIC wanted in the documents and sent them exactly what they asked for (which was admittedly not much overall). I just sent it in via the online and waited and so far it's been smooth sailing except for this hiccup with the letter.  

Another question to all: they say you have to wait 6 months before you contact them. Is that 6 months from the ITA or 6 months from when you send in all your documents? 

and another: it's coming up on the first Tuesday of the month. Should I go to the High Commission and ask them in person if my letter hasn't arrived by then? 

6 months from when you send in documents. But they don't respond. I have sent several emails since end of April. No response whatsoever! Your best bet is to go there on first Tuesday of July and personally ask. You could also try calling the embassy number and talking to the secretary but best bet is to really go there personally and demand answers.

• Like 1

reshie108

@Onyx did you have any positive feedback on your issue? has it been resolved?

Onyx

@reshie108 nothing yet. I think I'm going to end up going to the CHC and just asking them in person what it going on. 

Druce

Not a bad idea @Onyx, first Tuesday of the month is the 5th of July. Please keep us updated on the progress!

Onyx

I think I have discovered the hiccup and I hope I haven't just shot myself in the foot, and I won't lie, I'm panicking right now just a little.

While I am a South African citizen (born here), I am also a full citizen of Italy and I am emigrating on my Italian Passport, so all my information is coming to me via Rome. (My parents are moving there in a couple of months when my sister finishes Uni; that the reason for this run around) I contacted the Pretoria Office and (after two weeks) they sent me a note that pertinently says the following in reference to the Rome office: 

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents: > RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee.

This must be received at this office by: 2016/06/21

I paid my RPRF a day or so after I got this message back in April  and uploaded it to the MyCIC website that same day. My profile online even changed to: Additional Document Received before it was marked Approved and Closed about 6 weeks later.

What currently has me in a panic was that bolded bit: Received by this office.

Was I supposed to print it out and post it to Rome as well? Isn't the upload the preferred method? No where were there instructions to post a paper copy...

If I was, I missed 60 days to post the thing a week ago and if I was supposed to post it as well, what do I do now?

Am I in a flat panic for no reason because this is stressing me out?

(Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm going to take an anti-anxiety and try calm myself down)

Edited by Onyx
clarification

MaryJane

I must admit to being a little confused... Somewhere along the lines I failed to follow on who exactly is "this office"?

If it's Rome, you could probably try firing a case specific enquiry to them via here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp Quote everything so that it will be easy for them to find you on the system. Relate your story. Attach the RPRF receipt ( hope you still have this).

It might not be too late. They may be talking nonsense. Just something where they turn the paper, not realising that they've already got what they are asking for. Don't panic and lose your head just yet. We still need to understand you so we can help. ^_^

Fingers crossed.

Onyx

@MaryJane That section is what has me confused as well. I understood that if you submit things via MyCIC then whatever office needs, wherever they may be, will have access to it. I think they are asking for things they already have, but I have submitted an enquiry and attached the proof of payment and a short letter detailing my concern and confusion. I have all the paperwork I have submitted thus far in digital and hardcopy, mostly for moments just like this. Now I just need to hope the bureaucratic wheels keep turning.   

• Like 1

Onyx

I just got an email from the Rome office with the following instructions: 

We are pleased to inform you that your application has now been finalized and a visa has been issued. Please send as soon as possible... 4 updated photos according to CIC rules at website...Once we received the photos, the documents are ready for the pick up. 

Is this the email I have been waiting for? (I'm a little too scared to get my hopes up.)

ETA: Where do you get photographs done? Like Kodak or a proper photographer?

Edited by Onyx
question added
  • Like 1

tarinerk

Hi @Onyx

Congratulations!  I believe that is the golden email. Check CIC's website for photo specifications.  Print it out and take it to the place that takes passports photos. Good luck ? 

Edited by tarinerk
  • Like 1