Sign in to follow this  
Mossie

BC PNP

Mossie

My sister in law has a job offer in BC and the employer says she should go the BCPNP route. Can anyone tell me how long this proses takes from start to finish and what docs they should get ready? Also can one use that job offer fir EE?

MaryJane
33 minutes ago, Mossie said:

My sister in law has a job offer in BC and the employer says she should go the BCPNP route. Can anyone tell me how long this proses takes from start to finish and what docs they should get ready? Also can one use that job offer fir EE?

Is she in healthcare?

This is the general page of the BCPNP - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program She'll need to check her situation and choose the correct stream.

Timeline of process for Skills Immigration seems to be 2-3 months after receipt of application.

For EE, as far as I know, the job offer must be accompanied with an LMIA.

Mossie

Thx! No she is not  in health care ( she is in NOC 633?). Ok so she can come and work using PNP but to get PR she is going to have to get a LMIA?

MaryJane

No.

She will need to go through BC PNP with the job offer. Once she gets the nomination, she can then apply to EE with the PNP.

Only after getting the PR through EE can she come and work.

Mossie

Yes, but I mean can she use the pnp nomination (without lmia) to apply for a work permit and then come and work (with wp) and then apply for pnp after 1 year with Canadian experience (if job still has no lmia)?

MaryJane

I've read on the CIC website that you could apply for WP with a PNP nomination and be LMIA exempt - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp But I have not come across anyone who has successfully done so yet. 

One member tried this recently and needed an LMIA number to validate the work permit application. Please note he was an SINP nominee, not BC - http://www.sacanada.org/topic/20388-new-applicant-for-saskatchewan/?do=findComment&comment=160690

All this leads me to believe that it might be difficult to get WP without LMIA, even with PNP. The ideal route would be to get the PNP, and then immediately apply for the PR through EE.

43 minutes ago, Mossie said:

Yes, but I mean can she use the pnp nomination (without lmia) to apply for a work permit and then come and work (with wp) and then apply for pnp after 1 year with Canadian experience (if job still has no lmia)?

Nelline

My husband's colleague recently landed on PEI from SA on a WP (took about 8 months to arrange all in all!)

When I asked for his paperwork in order to help his wife apply for her OWP (which they hadn't thought of doing when landing) he gave me his WP and his Provincial Nomination paper. He never had an LMIA, or so he believes. It seems it is possible to apply for a WP without LMIA - but it may take much longer than usual. I'll try to find more info on this. 

• Like 1

Mossie

Noted, thank you for the info! I will keep you posted on how things worked out!